Brisbane River Session #28

AUS-BNE-FISHO

Hey ellicat

Well, we gave it a crack, it certainly didn't look anything like his, but our throws were a bit better. I think the ten footer is a bit heavy for me, as I find it hard to get good momentum. It's better for my dad, he could get a decent throw with it after the guy showed us. We didn't quite pick up on the way he threw the net though, he had it ready in a flash. I am thinking I might need an eight footer, but with my luck, by the time I get it, I'll be able to throw the ten foot 😉

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

1 hour ago, benno573 said:

Keep practicing mate. There’s so many different techniques and some of them are much easier than others - even for a young fella like yourself. 👍👍👍

Hiya benno573

Thanks for that, I'm sure there are. I think cast netting is just one of those things you get better at with more and more practise. Hopefully I can eventually pick up a couple easier techniques as well. 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

Thanks for the report Hamish. Who doesn't love getting perfect circles instead of the banana throw 🙂

Took me a long while to get a technique I liked and one that kept me semi-dry.

With the weight of the 10ft for you, the trick  is the pre-throw routine when you start the swing of the leads, use the momentum of the leads in the back swing to help start the throw, rather then trying to "muscle" the net to spread. Like any sport swing (golf, cricket etc) a smooth flowing backlift is your friend.

Took my mate showing many times how he could effortlessly throw and get a good spread with limited effort whilst i would puff out after a few.