Fish Storage Bags

Gday ladies and gents , has anyone used these fish storage bags ? If so how long is the ice good for before it melts ? I think their a great idea and will take up less than half the space of the ice box , just want to throw longtail in there but want to know if they work before I shell out $230

Hey mate, yeah I used to have one when I had a boat. Mostly for longies also! Be very careful with mackerel, I never ripped mine but could see that it would be easy to do. I think I broke one of the internal zips too, so they need a bit more attention and care than simply plonking a fish in an ice box. A bit fiddly. 

It's obviously not going to be as good as an esky  in terms of keeping ice however it's still pretty impressive and does the job well for a day trip. If I didn't have much ice and the bag was out in the sun I'd put a wet towel over it which I think helped. 

Overall it's definitely worth the money. As you know all boats could do with more space, and this is a fantastic solution. 

1 hour ago, samsteele115 said:

Hey mate, yeah I used to have one when I had a boat. Mostly for longies also! Be very careful with mackerel, I never ripped mine but could see that it would be easy to do. I think I broke one of the internal zips too, so they need a bit more attention and care than simply plonking a fish in an ice box. A bit fiddly. 

It's obviously not going to be as good as an esky  in terms of keeping ice however it's still pretty impressive and does the job well for a day trip. If I didn't have much ice and the bag was out in the sun I'd put a wet towel over it which I think helped. 

Overall it's definitely worth the money. As you know all boats could do with more space, and this is a fantastic solution. 

Thanks @samsteele115 andand @elicit just ordered 1 from mo tackle . It's going to be a game changer I think , my icebox is just to big for the tinny but if I get a smaller icebox the longtails won't fit . 

50 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Hope you can show us some pics with it nice and full !   🤩

New phone is only a month old so I only have a few pics no longtails on this phone yet but but i can put up a couple pics

20200731_105018.jpg

20200726_092251.jpg

20200719_160412.jpg

52 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hey Sneaky1

I believe Sammy Hitzke uses them. He catches many different fish and they seem to work fine for him so I don't see why it wouldn't work for you. 

Also, some beautiful flatties there. The Golden Trev is also a ripper.

Cheers Hamish

Thanks aus-bne-fisho. I ended up ordering 1 after reading samsteele115's comment also bought some duct tape from the local hardware here at Bribie so I can also chuck mackerel in there without their teeth damaging the bag. The Goldie was a bit of as surprise I was  chasing kings I only took pics of the flatties cause I had no fish pics on the new phone.

Dave