The Bloody Weather

GregOug

6 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hey GregOug

Yep, the weather is looking bad for all of this week... Thursday seems like the day to go out, as according to Seabreeze there'll only be 1M swell and 5 Knot winds. 

image.thumb.png.3de432e1078bbf44441cb745cb50df0e.png

ellicat and GregOug, if we are going to organise a trip hopefully the weather forecast is better next week 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

We’re keeping an eye on it Hamish. If you see a good day though let us know straight away.

13 hours ago, ellicat said:

I think Seabreeze forecast is optimistic compared to Meteye that shows it blowing 10-15 all day Thursday

I think it might be OK in the bay for the middle of the day. Early morning might be a bit lumpy. If the forecast wind direction is correct, it looks like the wind doesn't get enough time to really get going because if goes from west, to north, to east to south throughout the day.

I'd say there would possibly be periods of glass out while the wind figures out what it actually wants to do 😄

8 hours ago, Do$tylz said:

I think it might be OK in the bay for the middle of the day. Early morning might be a bit lumpy. If the forecast wind direction is correct, it looks like the wind doesn't get enough time to really get going because if goes from west, to north, to east to south throughout the day.

I'd say there would possibly be periods of glass out while the wind figures out what it actually wants to do 😄

Yep, it probably will but who wants to go to all that bother for a couple of hours in the middle of the day ? 🥴

On 21/09/2020 at 7:44 PM, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hey GregOug

Yep, the weather is looking bad for all of this week... Thursday seems like the day to go out, as according to Seabreeze there'll only be 1M swell and 5 Knot winds. 

image.thumb.png.3de432e1078bbf44441cb745cb50df0e.png

ellicat and GregOug, if we are going to organise a trip hopefully the weather forecast is better next week 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

Not much better in Sydney.  Wind generally getting up around 20 knots most days.  Sunday/Monday look the best at the moment

2 hours ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hey GregOug and ellicat

Weather is looking like it's improving on Monday and Tuesday, then on Wednesday and Thursday it's looking pretty good, and Friday is looking like it will glass out 🙂 

http://www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/

(Friday's weather on this link)

Cheers Hamish

We’ll keep an eye on it 👍

The wind is bad, and yesterday (when fishing the high at the local park) it was bloody howling!

A combination of tides, winds, and times at the moment for fishing the local park makes it very annoying, as the low is when the bait is around (midday so not bite time), the wind is up all day, and the highs are in morning and arvo 'peak' bite periods.

The first day worth fishing at the local park for me is Monday/Tuesday arvo. Guess I'll scout around other spots at the moment 🙂 

Cheers Hamish