Coochin Land Based

James77

Hi all, new member.. 

just after some info on coochin creek land based. Taking my 6 yr old up Thursday with his mate so won’t be taking the boat. 

Are there any options land based other than the boat ramp near the camp grounds were I can have my Ute parked with us for shade?

Or does anyone have any other suggestions where to take these kids for a fish/ bbq with Ute access

cheers

19 hours ago, James77 said:

Hi all, new member.. 

just after some info on coochin creek land based. Taking my 6 yr old up Thursday with his mate so won’t be taking the boat. 

Are there any options land based other than the boat ramp near the camp grounds were I can have my Ute parked with us for shade?

Or does anyone have any other suggestions where to take these kids for a fish/ bbq with Ute access

cheers

Hey James,

Welcome to the forum. 

I spent a bit of time on Coochni with Steve Irwin and fished it a fair bit. We didn't have much success however. I'm sure if you were more patient and less busy you will do better than I did. 

There are lots of land based options on the drive in. I think they are pretty well known... I once caught a whole crab pot full of empty beer cans...

Good luck and let us know how you go.