Ducks Nuts

25 minutes ago, Ducks nuts said:

Well mate after being a really **** fisherman for years I’m finally getting a few on this new setup

Yeah a new setup can improve catch rates but I still can’t believe how much you’re catching you look like a professional Im keen to try some more lures I got . Today I rigged up a zman yabbie but I have a cranka crab to try and a few new baitjunkies and some cheap vibes. The new baitjunkie minnowz are doing the trick for me but lately I’ve only been catching small flathead they were awesome on my trip . What leader do you use with the zman yabbies 

Oh ok wow I didn’t even realised you catching them On straight through mono with a leader I though you were using braid you doing pretty good but you might what to check out Gliss I have some spooled on a sienna 2500 and I’ve used it 5 times so far and so far it’s been better then braid and mono I’ve been using it with a mono/fluorocarbon leader via a Fg knot it’s $10-12 a spool for 150m the casting distance is excellent way better then mono and braid it will probably increase you’re casting distance by 20-40m it’s way better then mono that’s for sure but that’s on you if you want to do that cause so far the mono has been great for you . It’s extremely thin 10lb Gliss will cast further then x8 6lb braid . 13lb Gliss and 6lb braid have similar casting distance .its just a suggestion if you’re happy with the mono stick to it but if you want something better for not much more money I recommend you check out the Gliss . TBH I might switch to Gliss instead of braid I will see how it goes after using it for 6 months. I’m glad you’re happy with the combo I’m am to very happy with mine. 

So yeah I tried the zman Yabbie lure today after a few cast I presume a bream bite One of the claws off then once again after a few cast it bite the other claw off after there were no claws my friend using the lure hooked up big then got smoked and whatever was on the end bite threw 10lb leader don’t think it was a bream this was towards the end of my session when my friend decided the try the lure .I only kept one bream today as the ones I was catching today for some reason really skinny which is odd the ones at this spot are usually super fat I kept 1 bream at 28cm and then I first looked at it I thought it was 25cm max and then I caught a another bream that was 26cm which looked more like 24cm which is super odd I didn’t really get a change to fish heaps today and there was weed everywhere were I was I usually fish this one wharf but was a km away so I had to fish in this weird different spot but it was ok I guess but I really wish I could have fished the wharf today as I usually only get to fish in this area once every 2-3 months in summer usually once a month the wharf is my absolute favourite spot near my local area it’s 30-40 minute drive but the town is quite big and has nice beach’s and plenty of good fishing if you know the golden spots which I lucky due there is also a swimming hole which is known to have Massive trophy sized flathead in it which is true I’ve seen them before swimming in the hole then during covid restrictions were super strict no one was swimming it was taped off. so I decided to have a flick one arvo last summer caught around 4 decent above legal sized flathead in 40 minutes no trophy sized fish unfortunately but some decent ones for the table that’s probably the only time I’ll ever be able to fish there it was a once in a life time opportunity and I’m greatfull for it .one of the only good things that came out of covid was fishing in a natural swimming pool where i could actually ignore that no fishing sign because of swimmers and catch some flathead 

2661030C-C651-4FEB-9EDF-29A1BB0DA7FB.jpeg the zman yabbie after both claws were bit off shortly after this photo was taken the lure got bitten off by something decent 

On 03/11/2020 at 8:37 AM, Drop Bear said:

Caught these a few years ago. They were the first Aust. Salmon I have ever caught, It taught me to never take them to eat again! 

the horse my daughter is holding was an absolute beast and took about 30 mins to get in. 

3 fish from esperance.jpg

That’s gold mate I don’t eat the filthy dogs either🤢🤮