River sessions volume 4 . Flathead in rain

Brodie_S

1 hour ago, ellicat said:

Nice one. Good way to blood the new reel.

Looks like a nice spot. Grass on the other side reminds me of a golf course ??

it’s a well maintained national park that’s just the park area there is a bushwalk besides it and you go in there to see bats. at night all the bats leave that national park and search for fruit all over the town and when morning comes they head back down to the national park again. I’ve heard of people catching Aussie bass and jewfish at my local spot and seen pictures but I’ve never even caught one there idk what I’m doing wrong . Atm I just go down there to target bream and flathead . But I’ve tried the bigger 3.2 inch plastics and still get heaps of flathead no jewfish yet hopefully one day . I usually just use 2.5 inch lures for bream and flathead down their with my lighter setup and it works a charm but I’m keen to get some bigger fish with the 3 and 3.2 inch plastics although my best fish I’ve caught at my local still remains a 56cm flathead on a zman slim swim 2.5. I’ve found the overcast days produce the biggest flathead there on those days it’s not uncommon for me to hook a 50cm+ flathead like yesterday although once again my biggest fish at my local spot the 56cm flathead was caught on a hot sunny late arvo sesh