Mates coming up

Got mates coming up in February for a private comp we do every year , everyone has won at least once except for Chris (probably because he has a man bun ) this year they don't want it in the bay they want it in an estuary system but not the passage because I fish the passage and they think I have an advantage. There's only the 6 of us taking our own boats out so I was thinking maybe the pine river or the Coomera river as they both hold good fish. Is there any other lower traffic rivers that hold good fish ? Not asking for anyone's secret spots just rivers that hold good Jack and jew where we won't end up under a river cat after dark.

3 minutes ago, benno573 said:

Mate sounds like a very private comp - don’t forget to lube up and breathe in and think happy thoughts... 😂46DF27FB-20A4-447D-B6C7-58ABEE3AF70B.thumb.jpeg.64f63b399c4e13537c04ec76c212e6f3.jpeg

i would head for the jumpinin / Jacobs well area personally. Heaps and heaps of ground, many options for all sorts of species. Also shelter in any weather.

Haha yep I should have worded that differently, never fished the pin or Jacobs well , might go check it out this week , thanks @benno573

19 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Sounds like a fun idea. Where do you live and how far are you prepared to travel (is it just a one day event or would/could you camp somewhere)? Just wondering if somewhere like Baffle Creek would fit the bill (not that I've been there)?

I live at bribie but a couple of the boys are coming up from yamba and nambucca , the boys stay with relatives in Stafford and northlakes

• Guest changed the title to Mates coming up

Coomera is a good river with plenty of options, but also lots of boat traffic on weekends.

The Pin is a much larger area and also has heaps of options - but also busy on weekends.

Both are good spots - just depends on what you want to catch. During Summer I would favour the Coomera, especially if you are going to fish night or early morning.

Marty

On 11/01/2021 at 9:41 PM, benno573 said:

Mate sounds like a very private comp - don’t forget to lube up and breathe in and think happy thoughts... 😂46DF27FB-20A4-447D-B6C7-58ABEE3AF70B.thumb.jpeg.64f63b399c4e13537c04ec76c212e6f3.jpeg

i would head for the jumpinin / Jacobs well area personally. Heaps and heaps of ground, many options for all sorts of species. Also shelter in any weather.

I second that motion! Great idea @benno573.