Interesting Reading for Around our Area

AUS-BNE-FISHO

1 hour ago, Fishing First said:

Thanks for the reading resources Hamish. I love the tip about eliminating anchor noise using a bike tube over the chain (in the Moreton Bay Grassie Guide). I can't believe that I didn't think of that, its genius). 

You can also buy a purpose built chain sock that eliminates the noise too.

1 hour ago, ellicat said:

You can also buy a purpose built chain sock that eliminates the noise too.

Make sure you're a patient kind of human when fitting them though. 

My mate fitted one to his rig. 10m of chain....grrrhhhhh. 

It also brought a lot of mud back to the boat on the retrieve. It didn't bother me at all, not my boat. 🙊

9 hours ago, ellicat said:

The article on spawning captive grassies is a good one.

Yep, it was a good read Brian.

9 hours ago, Fishing First said:

Thanks for the reading resources Hamish. I love the tip about eliminating anchor noise using a bike tube over the chain (in the Moreton Bay Grassie Guide). I can't believe that I didn't think of that, its genius). 

No worries @Fishing First. Glad it helped you.

On 16/02/2021 at 11:07 AM, ellicat said:

Yep they do bring in a bit of mud and are also tricky to fit. @kmcrosby78 fitted mine with some assistance from me and a youtube video.

I'd almost put that 'wonderful' experience behind me Brian ........   For anyone planning to give it a go, here's a little tip the guy on the video doesn't mention (from memory). Now the average bear probably doesn't need telling, but then there are those less than average (Ellicat sized ..) bears ......   make sure that you purchase a chain sock that is big enough to fit over your chain ......... who would have thunked it ....... 🙃😂.

On 17/02/2021 at 8:34 PM, kmcrosby78 said:

I'd almost put that 'wonderful' experience behind me Brian ........   For anyone planning to give it a go, here's a little tip the guy on the video doesn't mention (from memory). Now the average bear probably doesn't need telling, but then there are those less than average (Ellicat sized ..) bears ......   make sure that you purchase a chain sock that is big enough to fit over your chain ......... who would have thunked it ....... 🙃😂.

The right size...

Innnnnnntttttteeeeeerrrrrreeeeeessssstttttiiiiinnnnnggggggg.......