ellicat

26 minutes ago, ellicat said:

@shaun1800 and I were scheduled to have a fish on Thursday, but the forecast morning storm put us off, so we rescheduled and headed out to Harry's at stupid o'clock this morning. There were only a couple of other boats there when we arrived which made choosing a spot easy.

We set the anchor 1st go and deployed our baits and berley. Shaun was on early and brought in a small squire and then a squire that wasn't 35, but was getting close. Pillies seemed to be winning the day over the squid. Prawns were beating both of them as Shaun was reaching quite a tally of unders.They kept coming. Eventually the tide changed and we swung off our mark, so we re-anchored and neither of us were getting a touch. We decided to move to GPS mark 'Green 1'.

Now I've never actually fished this mark before as someone is always on it when I get there. Today was different and I finally had it alone. Missed a couple of good hits before a 35cm grassy decided he'd had enough of life and wanted to come to dinner at my place. I was happy to oblige and promptly released him to the esky.

After half an hour or so at Green 1 it was time to get back in before the wind that had sprung up got any stronger.

image000001aaaaa.jpg.172058f68faba1bf1116eaf2c984c93d.jpg

Did you cop the fog this morning ellicat ? Grassie for dinner got to be happy with that .

Nice one Brian, once again, the early bird gets the grassie, was it all bait or did you have a sneaky little flick with the plastics?, around the full or new moon can make it hard work with plastics there, unless you can jag a day when there isn’t 30 other boats already parked there, then you can set up some nice drifts, without using a super heavy jig head.

9 hours ago, ellicat said:

Ok. Well I was using a 3/8 jighead and a 9" plastic as recommended and was having no problem getting to the bottom. I tried all the different retrieve styles, even jigged it up and down at the stern for a while. No interest there but I wasn't getting a lot of attention on the bait either. Most of the action was on Shaun's side of the boat. I fixed that problem by re-anchoring so neither side was getting bites. 😂

I will persist until I get one on the SP.