Brisbane River Session #79 [Sweet Silver Success]

AUS-BNE-FISHO

Awesome sesh seems like the guy you were fishing with was a top bloke unlike all of those junkies who decide to throw a line in next to ya lmao  . I’m not sure if you know this you props do but instead of braces you can get invisaline it’s a lot better and less painful . My brother and mother got braces and I’m pretty sure it was a hassle for both of them . Also dentist try and get you’re money a lot of the time with braces . This is cause before you reach adulthood you teeth aren’t generally straight and the more you age the straighter you’re teeth get either that or they get worse .I remember the dentist wanted to get braces on me because my teeth weren’t straight fortunately my mom didn’t force me to get them and now my teeth have straightened up anyway I’m pretty sure I was 10/11 when then they talked about getting me braces I’m 14 now and my teeth are straight 

11 hours ago, Cavvy said:

Good job Hamish.  Now you have your wheels sorted less driving for me!  

Thanks Dad!

11 hours ago, Kat said:

Good one Hamish.  Love the pic!!!

Thanks Kat, and yep, I sure do too. The most funny thing was I wasn't even looking when I snapped it - it was 100% chance! 🙂 

11 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Nice work Hamish. Hope you are feeling better now.  Catching another thready would have helped.

Thanks Steve. Yes, the thready did help. I think it was just because I was in the hot sun and was tired. Will need a good rest up before the session today with a mate (going to be cut short by a dentist's appointment again 😠).

11 hours ago, ellicat said:

Did I read that right that you got up at 1.40am to go fishing ???

Congratulations on another thready. Looks in good nick.

Hi Brian

Well I would've. But Dad made the 'No Leaving Before Dark' policy. I just gotten up, went for a drink (felt a bit off then too), then talked to Dad. Thanks for that, and yep, was a healthy little specimen. 

10 hours ago, Cam Lenton said:

Legend. Well done. Reminds me of the bikes and trailers we made for the Urangan Pier when I was younger. 

Hi Cam

Good to hear from you. Sounds like you would've had awesome fun on Urangan Pier!

10 hours ago, GregOug said:

Well done once again Hamish!

Thank you Greg!

10 hours ago, Breaming with bro said:

Awesome sesh seems like the guy you were fishing with was a top bloke unlike all of those junkies who decide to throw a line in next to ya lmao  . I’m not sure if you know this you props do but instead of braces you can get invisaline it’s a lot better and less painful . My brother and mother got braces and I’m pretty sure it was a hassle for both of them . Also dentist try and get you’re money a lot of the time with braces . This is cause before you reach adulthood you teeth aren’t generally straight and the more you age the straighter you’re teeth get either that or they get worse .I remember the dentist wanted to get braces on me because my teeth weren’t straight fortunately my mom didn’t force me to get them and now my teeth have straightened up anyway I’m pretty sure I was 10/11 when then they talked about getting me braces I’m 14 now and my teeth are straight 

Hi Bro

Yes, he was a top bloke for sure! Unfortunately, I think the decision made has been final. It's booked in and all that. I hope it's not too painful, but I assume it will be. My teeth are pretty bad, so I can see why Mum wanted braces 😉

Cheers Hamish

50 minutes ago, jon said:

Well done mate, your really starting to get some thready numbers on the board now!

Hi jon

Thanks for that! And yep, sure had a fair few gooduns now!

17 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Well done on another thready Hamish, great stuff! How many is that now?

Hi KM

Thanks for that, let me count.

I got my first on the yak (60CM), second at Dutton Park (74CM), A small bugger (about 30CM) in the cast net, the first at the local park (84CM), another at the local park (65CM), a couple smalluns (45CM +51CM), and then a biggun, and then that one. So overall, that's 9 threadies!

Cheers Hamish

21 minutes ago, Junky said:

Well done Hamish. 

You are the King of the Kings. 

Haha, thanks Damo! Hopefully I can get a few more soon! 

There’s still another spot I need to check out, a rocky wall. Can’t imagine catching anything massive there as you wouldn’t be hoiking anything up unless you had a wooden plank to chuck it on or something like that.

Cheers Hamish

34 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Haha, thanks Damo! Hopefully I can get a few more soon! 

There’s still another spot I need to check out, a rocky wall. Can’t imagine catching anything massive there as you wouldn’t be hoiking anything up unless you had a wooden plank to chuck it on or something like that.

Cheers Hamish

It’s amazing how you can find a way to improvise when a big fish is at stake!

21 hours ago, GregOug said:

It’s amazing how you can find a way to improvise when a big fish is at stake!

Hey Greg

Yes, sure is. I’m sure it’s times like that when people have the craziest ideas.

2 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Great work mate. You have caught more Brisbane River Threddies than I have. Keep up the good work. 

Hey Robbie

Thank you! Hopefully I’ll be able to keep up catching the fish.

Cheers Hamish