Good job Daryl. Those are some good land based squire, and great work on the other fishes. 

Squid have been something I’ve wanted to catch for a little while now. When I have time, I plan to try with Dad at Shorncliffe or Wynnum. We will each use a squid jig and have one rod with a bait spike and garfish or something similar! 🙂
Cheers Hamish

1 hour ago, Drop Bear said:

Can you fish there on all tides? Is there a preferred spot? 

Where I was fishing can be fished on all tides, but produces best on the early part of the run-up. A lot of small fish school up there on the ebb tide where I was fishing. There are other spots that are fished on the ebb tide. Most of the Amity Rock Wall can only be effectively fished around the change of tides or on the smallest neaps. I prefer a northerly wind as it keeps more boats away from anchoring on top of me (and catching nothing) and stirs up the place a bit. 

11 hours ago, GregOug said:

Hi Darryl. I assume you’re a Southsider from the way you measured the box fish? I saw that method used quite a lot during the fishing comp.

Ha Ha. It's the traditional local way of measuring fish isn't it? In reality I didn't want to handle the boxfish much because the skin excretes ostracitoxin which can potential cause "severe medical issues" if you transfer it from hand to mouth. It was pretty much photographed where it fell.....  

16 minutes ago, Daryl McPhee said:

Ha Ha. It's the traditional local way of measuring fish isn't it? In reality I didn't want to handle the boxfish much because the skin excretes ostracitoxin which can potential cause "severe medical issues" if you transfer it from hand to mouth. It was pretty much photographed where it fell.....  

Yeah. I would too. Just being a smart arse.