Gold Coast report ?

Haz91a

Hey guys, 

Been away at work for 3 weeks, I am home tomorrow and weather is looking awesome for Friday, planning on dropping some pots and having a fish up around the pin area. Any one heard of decent reports of crabs and fishing up that area lately ?

Ha ha.  That houseboat went down in the first floods a couple of weeks ago.  I do feel sorry for the owners.  I drove past Broadwater this morning and it looks more like dirty coffee with some milk swirling around in it than tidal waters.  I am hoping to go out in a boat off MacLeay in the weekend.  Anyone seen the state of the water round there lately?

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got out to MacLeay.  Water was pretty darn clear near Peel but still dirty at MacLeay and Karragarra - I am told it is still the run off from the Logan. Fishing was pretty dismal - not too bad around Peel if it wasn't our first foray there.  Didn't really know where to go to fish.  Will explore more in a month or so hopefully.

Cheers Kat

Thanks @snap1946 - beat me to it! Technically a bar faced weever but common local name is rock whiting based on them have a similar taste to whiting and generally bring found in the presence of rocky/reefy areas. Used to catch heaps of them in crab pots around mud island. IMO not as good as whiting to eat and far more bones to fillet around. Certainly would if i was hungry.  

Made reasonable flesh bait though.