Pulley Anchor System

samsteele115

thanks samsteele115 the basic, effective off beach anchoring system, noobies will be able to add this to their growing knowledge bank 
I always have 2 sand anchors on board, one bow and one stern, I often use both when whiting fishing for anchoring across the lower tidal flows.... instead of using a star picket for off beach anchoring I use my stern anchor as the system`s  land/beach based tie off point, when needed

8 hours ago, Gad said:

thanks samsteele115 the basic, effective off beach anchoring system, noobies will be able to add this to their growing knowledge bank 
I always have 2 sand anchors on board, one bow and one stern, I often use both when whiting fishing for anchoring across the lower tidal flows.... instead of using a star picket for off beach anchoring I use my stern anchor as the system`s  land/beach based tie off point, when needed

Nice! I like that. So you tie off the bow rope to the stern anchor?? This trip was the first time I used the method so I still have some refining to do 

17 hours ago, samsteele115 said:

Nice! I like that. So you tie off the bow rope to the stern anchor?? 

I use my stern anchor where and how the star picket was used in the video... anchor in the sand on the beach above high tide mark, 1.5-2metres of chain shackled onto the anchor shaft and a stainless ring shackled onto the other end of the chain to pass the rope through.
I connect the loose ends of my bow line and stern line together so I am basically using one continuous circle of line and just double over the line to tie off at the ring on the chain at the anchor on the beach
I`ve found this to be a quick and easy way to position and reposition the boat through the tidal stages

• ellicat pinned this topic
  • 1 year later...