Christmas Get Together

ellicat

Is anyone keen to get together for a BBQ this year ?

I think we would need to have at least 10 participants to make it worthwhile.

Maybe we could make a half day of it fishing at NPD or Kurwongbah chasing bass or killing Tillies from the bank at the same time ?? Maybe Pine Rivers Park ?

Drop your answer/question or put your thoughts below.

I am definitely keen as long as it is not Tilapia fishing!  No success last time despite buying live worms (and you know how I hate spending money on bait lol).  The stupid things sat about 2cm away from my live worms, looking at them, for about 20 seconds, then turned around and chased other fish away.  This happened a number of times and and I only got a couple of tentative bites the whole 6 hours of a wasted Saturday!  Not keen to repeat the performance particularly as I can't even take them home for a feed!

All other options definitely keen.

Cheers Kat

Well, I think we will make it at Shorncliffe as that seems to be the most popular suggestion.

Proposed dates (ones that I can do) -

Sunday 28 November
Saturday 4 December
Sunday 5 December
Saturday 11 December
Sunday 12 December

Looking at Google Maps, there appears to be 4 or 5 shelters. I assume that means there will be barbecues there also ?? What time do you think someone would need to be there to secure a spot ?

Please let us know what your preferred day and date is below.

2 hours ago, ellicat said:

Well, I think we will make it at Shorncliffe as that seems to be the most popular suggestion.

Sunday 28 November
Saturday 4 November
Sunday 5 December
Saturday 11 December
Sunday 12 December

Looking at Google Maps, there appears to be 4 or 5 shelters. I assume that means there will be barbecues there also ?? What time do you think someone would need to be there to secure a spot ?

Yes there is bbqs and many shelters. There’s some right near the playground that are usually very busy but there are several heading north along the foreshore that are less popular and more likely to be available.

28/11 or 4/12 could possibly work for me. 5/11 is Bathurst day so I’ll be in recliner with bourbon in hand.

21 hours ago, ellicat said:

Sunday 28 November
Saturday 4 November
Sunday 5 December
Saturday 11 December
Sunday 12 December

my advice would be to do it really early as that small carpark fills up very quickly

1 hour ago, ellicat said:

Most popular date so far is 12 December.

If you are a definite or maybe, please let me know your preferred date/s if you haven't already.

Sorry Brian. I will let you know tomorrow afternoon. I'm very busy with my exams right now. 

I think I am good for any date but may be going on holidays sometime. 

5th December works for me - did I miss the posting on proposed start/finish times.  Pretty sure I can convince the BF to leave early and secure a spot while I fish 😺

Will be me, Brett, Charlotte and Amber.  Presuming the kids don't get another birthday party invite in the meantime.

Edited by Kat
Add comment