Another day in the bay

GregOug

That app is pretty good. Hardest part is reading a phone screen in the sun. I assumed we couldn’t put undersize fish on the leaderboard or I would have snapped a pic of the little 40cm (approx) threadie, and approx 35cm estuary cod I caught on Friday. Nothing in the rules to say you can’t, so @AUS-BNE-FISHO, get that tiny threadie up! 

Not meaning to steal your topic, Greg. How are you cooking the grassies?

1 hour ago, Old Scaley said:

That app is pretty good. Hardest part is reading a phone screen in the sun. I assumed we couldn’t put undersize fish on the leaderboard or I would have snapped a pic of the little 40cm (approx) threadie, and approx 35cm estuary cod I caught on Friday. Nothing in the rules to say you can’t, so @AUS-BNE-FISHO, get that tiny threadie up! 

Not meaning to steal your topic, Greg. How are you cooking the grassies?

I downloaded that app ages ago when it was a topic on here but wasn’t very impressed with it. Might have to have another look. And I’m open to suggestions on cooking grassies. I consider you to be our resident grassie expert, so how do you cook them?

1 hour ago, ellicat said:

The fish you lost on the grinner has me intrigued. I guess we'll never know for sure but from what you described it doesn't sound like a mack (that are supposedly partial to a grinner) who are pretty clean biters. Maybe a shark ? Was it torn in half or bitten through, do you think ?

The tail was cleanly bitten off and above that was shredded with big tears/ pieces missing, head still intact.

3 hours ago, ellicat said:

The fish you lost on the grinner has me intrigued. I guess we'll never know for sure but from what you described it doesn't sound like a mack (that are supposedly partial to a grinner) who are pretty clean biters. Maybe a shark ? Was it torn in half or bitten through, do you think ?

It was funny. A clean bite of a quarter of the tail, big bites marks/ tears above that then the head intact. But we never saw what the huge did because he ended up busting me off on the bottom.

6 hours ago, GregOug said:

Mind you, if anyone hears of a nice house, preferably on the waterfront or a canal near Wynnum/Manly please let me know. I could be tempted to the dark side. It worked for Darth. Oh that’s right, it didn’t, did it.

Hahaha. 

Yes we've all seen Darth Vader become the good guy eventually.