2007 BRC off to a great start...

AFO

Ok just to reiterate a few points for the BRC.

- you can find a small green plastic flag in your bag which you can fly from your boat's aerial etc which can identify your vessel to be competing in the BRC. If you see another boat with a green flag pop on over to say hi

- we now have some brochures and flyers etc from the DPI&F. so if you missed out this morning when ur next in just take a few off the table or ask us for them.

- if you received a plastic bag today when you reported we now have more of the navy blue cloth bags, which are great to bring your fish to weigh-in with. Come see us when you're next at the weigh-in station to collect one if you missed out.

- we ask you to please hand back in your team numbers at the end of the competition. To help people remember to bring them back to hand in, at the prize ceremony on sunday afternoon we will ask all people with team numbers to throw them in a bucket and we will draw out the lucky door prizes. If you dont bring your team number you won't be able to enter :cheer:

- reminder that we will judge the best team uniform at the prize ceremony. so make sure your team is dressed to impress. however, the more you wear it during the comp, the more it may make an impression B)

- quick thankyou to all those who have helped with setting up, packing up, food, drinks etc. It has been a tremendous help and we appreciate greatly.

good luck to all, it was terrific first day and looking forward to a great weekend. tight lines

AFO

We won't be publishing the daily results during the competition, as we are limited with time and don't want to discourage people from weighing in when they may well have caught a fish that could take out 2nd or 3rd places. We may post the results tomorrow night (time permitting).

Just to reiterate on Webbies comments, thanks to all that helped out! Its amazing the speed in which stuff gets done with a few extra sets of hands.

Great turn out so far guys! Some truly quality fish are being weighed in and its good to see. Also it has been great to see the number of fished released as well. I saw at least 3 cod and some bream swim away today which was awesome.

I am charging the battery on my camera right now and will post some picks from the weigh in station shortly!

Angus

Yeah Fishyman...you never know you could have picked up that category. I guess there will be a run of them tomorrow. It sounds like eveeryones having a ball, I'll be keeping track on line. Due to a trip to Noosa next week I chose not to enter this comp (compromise). The distance to the weigh in was what concerned me also, being such a long fishing area, I would have thought that 3 weighin stations would have been better (upper, middle, and lower)...that way there would also be a better spread of anglers along the system, and then a big get-together on the last day.

Kev picked up a nice flattie this morning. Weighed in at nearly 1.6kg (yes it was under 70cm, we were worried when it first came up)

I didn't hold up my end of the team though. Cast all sorts of lures for zip. I'll be fishing bait tonight. I can't seem to get any interest on lures in the river, tried Vibes, plastics, minnows. Not even a touch. [img size=375]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/flattie-4a524526e1479ec8bb3954fc6bb4c4d7.jpg

Anybody notice any time Kev poses for a photo he looks like a street fighter character about to do a special move like a fireball or something??:silly: :lol: :lol: :laugh:

post-1402-144598435411_thumb.jpg

Archived