Anyone used Back to Basics Smooth Water Charters?

billp

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of an update. It’s been 6 months of trying to get cash back. I’ve scraped back $200 of what he owes me. His dad runs cape Moreton charters. I’m trying to track down the details of his old boy to put me in contact. I know he leaves manly boat harbour early in the morning.  I was thinking about going there early one morning and raising hell for them

53 minutes ago, Dave oh said:

Bit of an update. It’s been 6 months of trying to get cash back. I’ve scraped back $200 of what he owes me. His dad runs cape Moreton charters. I’m trying to track down the details of his old boy to put me in contact. I know he leaves manly boat harbour early in the morning.  I was thinking about going there early one morning and raising hell for them

I'm not sure if you are talking about "raising hell" for the dude who owes you money or his father? Which one (or both) is leaving manly boat harbour early?

I feel for you.

On 31/05/2023 at 12:23 PM, Dave oh said:

Both mate. I’m sure if his bs starts affecting his old man’s livelihood he might be a bit more inclined to assist

I would assume this bloke has been a pain in his old man's proverbial for years. 

Talk of severe drug addiction etc. 

Needs a good clip around the ears. 

Here's hoping you can get your money back.

Such a shame that police won't step in. It's fraud straight up. 

• 2 months later...

It didn't affect me personally but all the complaints from people on this site surely there's a few would come forward.

We'll have to wait and see, good luck mate, hope you get justice.

Lucky I'm not a magistrate, I'd give those grubs 5 years for that sort of thing.

Geez, my great great grandfather got 7 years and transport to Botany Bay for pinching a horse. End of rant.

1 hour ago, Angry51 said:

Geez, my great great grandfather got 7 years and transport to Botany Bay for pinching a horse.

Lucky he didn't slap the horse then I guess?

Sorry to hear all those who have been dudded by this gooba - hopefully in time, his uppance will come.  Good luck with hopefully retrieving some funds.

• 4 months later...
On 5/15/2023 at 6:52 AM, avatono said:

We are have same issues he keeps promising refund but we never receive anything. would love to join others to take him down and get our money back.

On 5/15/2023 at 6:52 AM, avatono said:

We are have same issues he keeps promising refund but we never receive anything. would love to join others to take him down and get our money back.

On 5/30/2023 at 7:09 PM, Dave oh said:

Re: Dean Palermo

Take the time to report him

(scroll down to individual) and fill in the details. I've asked Cyber Security to chase up my $450 from him today.

If you need phone and address details - text me

https://deanpalermo.my.canva.site/

On 10/6/2022 at 12:54 PM, geishbddjdn said:

Don't go with them, dodgy as, lying operator.  I booked last year whole boat in october had to cancel due to weather that was fine no stress. Re booked for Nov got cancelled on because was having boat troubles. Next day vids posted at Tangalooma. Asked for money back this time as we moved up north.  Nothing, he stopped replying and gave sob story about why I couldn't have it back. Fast forward to today he won't reply to me and I've only received back 600 of the 1150 I paid. Even went out of my way to wait at a servo on the side of the highway for him as he said he'd meet there and give me cash. Meeting time came nothing, wouldn't pick up phone, hour later nothing. Left after 2 hrs waiting past time and he gets back to me immediately after I post on fb a review that he deleted immediately. 

Re: Dean Palermo

Take the time to report him

(scroll down to individual) and fill in the details. I've asked Cyber Security to chase up my $450 from him today.

If you need phone and address details - text me

https://deanpalermo.my.canva.site/

On 5/31/2023 at 12:23 PM, Dave oh said:

Both mate. I’m sure if his bs starts affecting his old man’s livelihood he might be a bit more inclined to assist

If his father has nothing to with it, that'd be poor form mate. You don't attack people because they're related to idiots.