Weekend Noosa Trip - A Success!

38 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Alright, so just after I caught that 27cm bream, I casted out again. I failed to see a big flock of pidgeons fly by. It took my ten seconds to realise but one of them had gotten wrapped up in the line. It was a decent fight with some nice aerobatics, but eventually it got untangled from the line. No worries - one of his stupid friends came down and did the exact same thing! This one was a much poorer fight and eventually Charlie hopped on top of him and we chopped away the line that was tangled on him. 

A very disabled looking pidgeon was released. Oops. 😂 

I forgot to mention this! Lol. 

51 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Thanks for the great report Charlie - and even more for taking me on the trip! 😁 

I was pretty happy that we somehow landed that flatty, seeing as though it was thrashing about for a good couple minutes before we figured out my shirt would work to land it. And gut hooked on ten pound leader! It was a shame those flatties you caught weren’t 10 or 20cm bigger as they would’ve been nice to eat then. It’s also a shame we didn’t get anything more on our night sessions, as the spots looked likely for fish. Apart from the flatty the highlight of the trip for me would’ve been when I hooked a pidgeon, hahaha.

Heres a couple more pics I got -

C03FAF4C-E498-4DF3-A221-6C807FA12AE4.thumb.jpeg.2bff9784f54eb5de7ce4a927f2189e03.jpeg
132673C6-A066-4ECE-9690-95251F78998E.thumb.jpeg.6ac041891ff10188a94bba497dc7f628.jpeg

Cheers Hamish 

That's all good Hamish! Hope you had a great time. 

3 hours ago, Junky said:

Good times.

Nice lizards. Delicious eating. 

Do not discount those locked canals. They aren't my "go to"kind of areas but I have caught some big jacks in those areas in my time. 

I remember a few years back a young fella got a big GT out of a lock, pretty sure it was around Hope Island. 

Yeah see that's the thing they are tricky. We reckoned there was bound to be GT's and Jack's in and around the canals. We didn't have much time to stay there though, so we reckoned it was best to try out some different spots. 

7 hours ago, ellicat said:

Forgot to ask - How did the whiting fishing go for your Dad and Brother ?

I don't think they had much luck as my brother is young and wanted to play around in the sand a bit more than fish 😂. They were just using prawns as bait and casting directly into the surf. The late arvo winds were making it hard to fish without using a big sinker which we didn't have on hand. 

1 hour ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Fantastic report, very well written and some good fishing action - bet you both had a top weekend. Nice flathead @AUS-BNE-FISHO, great thinking by you too to come up with a solution to land it on a tricky spot. Great spot Noosaville.

Thanks a lot mate. It was a fun time, and Noosaville is for sure a great spot to fish and have a holiday.