Rod for a 10000 Shimano Stradic

Hi all,

Probably did not need to make a new topic but might as well.  i have decided to go with the 10000 size over the 8000 and was wondering if this is an adequate rod for it ( im going to spool it with 65 Pound Braid)   https://www.anacondastores.com/fishing/fishing-rods/spinning-rods/wilson-live-fibre-6-20kg-6-6-spin-rod/90171702

Cheers Daniel

I have a 10000 Sustain on a Venom Stickbait 30 to 50lb rod with 40 lb braid on it that I throw lures for mackerel , I’ve caught a few by catch large log tails on it , it handled them ok . Without looking up the specs I’m guessing the Stradic might be slightly more bulky than my sustain  , but I’m sure you wouldn’t be disappointed. The rod is 7’11” and will throw lures up to 100g. Yes - I also suggest you take your reel loaded with line , and try it on a  rod and load it up in store before making your final choice.

regards

Neil

I’m with the others but think you first off need to work out what your primary use is….6’6” is good for general boat but would seem a bit short for long casting and have a feeling it would be a TD unbalanced with a 10000.  I have a Livefibre 8kg spin that is @7’6” which is a nice general purpose rod with an old Penn Spinfisher 850SS.  

I have same rod as Neil - it casts miles with a saragosa 14000.

My recent experience is that a modern quality carbon rod will cast really well but they are so thin compared to the rods like a Livefibre that the bigger reels sit funny on them. 

Agree with everything said above. If you go to a decent tackle store, take your dell and tell them what you want to use the setup for and what your budget is, they will narrow down the search really quickly. I have never found that the salesman tries to upsell me to something more expensive than I planned and have always been happy with the outcome. If you buy a few other things while you are there you might even get a discount. I know some people go to the store, pick the salesman’s brain for half an hour, then go home and look for the cheapest price online. Fair enough I guess, but not something I would do. Generally, the prices are pretty competitive and you know that if you have a warranty issue it will be a lot easier and likely more successful if you go back to the store. Good luck with the hunt (tackle and fish)!

I agree OS.  I find Tacklewarehouse at Coorparoo either competitive on price or a bit negotiable or better than places like BCF.  There range is also amazing and better than just the run of the mill mid range shimano and Diawa offerings.   

So far my preferred shop although I will buy some gear at Anaconda when they have the big discounts on.

BCF does have a few tacklerats working there so you wont get steered to far wrong just they dont have the range of rods to drool over