Is PENN SPINFISHER SSM beach fishing ready?

ubnt

Hi fellow fishoes,

After researching a few salt water reels like Saragosa, slammer, i am ready to bite the bullet to save hours of reels cleaning every trip to the beach.

Then i found PENN SPINFISHER SSM, https://www.bcf.com.au/fishing/fishing-reels/spinning-reels

and lots of praises from its followers. However on its website no where is mentioned it is sealed or water sand proof. So i wandered if they are suitable on the beach?

i actually had 2 of them sitting on shelves for years due to their weight.

39 minutes ago, ubnt said:

Hi fellow fishoes,

After researching a few salt water reels like Saragosa, slammer, i am ready to bite the bullet to save hours of reels cleaning every trip to the beach.

Then i found PENN SPINFISHER SSM, https://www.bcf.com.au/fishing/fishing-reels/spinning-reels

and lots of praises from its followers. However on its website no where is mentioned it is sealed or water sand proof. So i wandered if they are suitable on the beach?

i actually had 2 of them sitting on shelves for years due to their weight.

Last winter i spent a lot of time tailor fishing at fingal with my slammer 3 and spinfisher 6 5500lc and 8500ll. All these reels held up perfectly well with no corrosion or grinding. All I did was give it a quick rinse under the garden tap when I got home, and they were fine. I think buying something like the spinfisher 5 or 6 would be worthwhile especially because they seem to be on sale almost every time I look at them.

18 minutes ago, Thorbjorn Hale said:

Last winter i spent a lot of time tailor fishing at fingal with my slammer 3 and spinfisher 6 5500lc and 8500ll. All these reels held up perfectly well with no corrosion or grinding. All I did was give it a quick rinse under the garden tap when I got home, and they were fine. I think buying something like the spinfisher 5 or 6 would be worthwhile especially because they seem to be on sale almost every time I look at them.

Thanks for confirming that!

37 minutes ago, ubnt said:

Yes, alvey is the go to. The only issue is they're out of stock everywhere at the moment

They haven't been giving stores any stock for a while, but anaconda should still have some combos or individual reels in stock:

https://www.anacondastores.com/fishing/fishing-reels/side-cast-reels/alvey-surf-60gt-side-cast-reel/BP90177475-yellow

It does say out of stock, but i can say for certain that anaconda Morayfield has them at the moment

another reel that i would recommend would be a van staal they are almost invincible, can be dropped in sand, salt water and anything you throw at them.