New gaff works

Neil Stratford

Now that's a sexy looking gaff.

Custom grips I take it? 

Nice fish. 

I know you have before, but can you possibly post up a pic of your Bonnies rigged up? 

I know what you hook rigs look like, just want to see how you're rigging Bonnie's. Mine seem to turn to mush and fall apart on the hooks. I'm just towing in gear at idle, but they just don't hold together and swim like mullet do. I'm doing something wrong. 

I'll be back out there by the end of year so I want to get organised again. 

Cheers

Damo. 

17 hours ago, Neil Stratford said:

Hi

Lachrdr,

The Spanish mackerel are now moving north , I find them  more difficult to find come the end of May in waters around Brisbane , but if you find a few , chances are they’ll be trophy size fish.

Kate ,

sorry  already given nearly all of it away already . 

Junky ,

next time I go out I’ll attempt a video on my iPhone of rigging a bait for you , it only takes about 40 Seconds , I use home made bait needles ( old alloy knitting needles)  .
Common mistake made is failure to tightly wire the baits mouths shut  . If the baits mouth is left open-  even a little ,they fill with water, spin and become soft and soggy and fall apart very quickly when trolling  .With the mouth wired shut , it’s very easy to make a small tuna swim  like a live one and can be trolled very easily all day and even refrozen and trolled next time . Sounds like this maybe your problem.?? 

regards

Neil

I'll look out for that video too Neil 🙂