Can we all pray to the weather gods for a break from this damn wind

Huxstang

I am over it….I think I might put on a rain jacket and just go out and get some salt air.  Forecast on Weatherzone was rain 6am-midday now showers 9am rain then midday heavy shower.  I am pretty much thinking they have an idea there could be rain but who knows.  At least if it rains the boat gets an easy wash.

Just now, Huxstang said:

I am over it….I think I might put on a rain jacket and just go out and get some salt air.  Forecast on Weatherzone was rain 6am-midday now showers 9am rain then midday heavy shower.  I am pretty much thinking they have an idea there could be rain but who knows.  At least if it rains the boat gets an easy wash.

I don’t care about the rain. I’m sick of the wind!

12 hours ago, ellicat said:

I've ditched it for this week. No chance to not be miserable out there.

Monday is a public holiday with no wind, so I'll be avoiding it. However, Tuesday is shaping up as a possibility and I've blanked out that day to go fishing. Can't wait.

School holidays next week Brian. 

You'll be surrounded by the workers.

Wind above 10 to 15kn is the enemy. Especially when it is blowing against the swell. 

Rain is no problem at all. 

I have a hard top... 😜

Rain flattens off the chop, however if the wind is present it creates a washing machine.

Want more on why we're getting crap weather... 

https://youtu.be/H5kQYlDoS48?si=DDjje05iyddKzc16

41 minutes ago, Junky said:

Wind above 10 to 15kn is the enemy. Especially when it is blowing against the swell. 

I have a hard top... 😜

Rain flattens off the chop, however if the wind is present it creates a washing machine.

You got me there @Junky. Forgot about school holidays. I might have to take @AUS-BNE-FISHO and @charlie.hans.fishing out for a session. I have a top cover but it is no use when I'll be out winding in fish all day. 🤪🤣

Hopefully there won't be any volcanoes erupting !

3 hours ago, Doughnuts said:

I finally had enough and took on the conditions yesterday. I got up at stupid o'clock and the bay was windy, cold, wet and snotty. But the fish count was worth it. Bagged on snapper in no time with a few other nice surprises chucked. Here is one of the better fish. 63cm Grassy.!IMG-20240325-WA0007.thumb.jpg.3de294a6dbbc62665637266b7fccb51f.jpg

Cracker Grassie! Well done!

5 hours ago, Doughnuts said:

I finally had enough and took on the conditions yesterday. I got up at stupid o'clock and the bay was windy, cold, wet and snotty. But the fish count was worth it. Bagged on snapper in no time with a few other nice surprises chucked. Here is one of the better fish. 63cm Grassy.!IMG-20240325-WA0007.thumb.jpg.3de294a6dbbc62665637266b7fccb51f.jpg

Beautiful fish!

Well done.  Well I didnt go, fortune favours the brave and I was a coward.  Fortunate as now heading up to Caboolture Hospital to check on me mum who has had a turn of some sort.  No rush - shouldnt be out of the ramped ambulance for 3 or 4 hours.

Keep telling my folks - if you live on Bribie your only hospital is Caboolture so stop complaining about it.

this weather and all the wind is starting to get quite annoying, suppose to rain all next week but well see weather report isnt always that accurate lol. And wind will be another issue as well. I dont mind fishing the rain but from experience whenever its raining current is ripping, water is dirty and choppy and wind is bad, unless you have the odd day where its rainy on and off and its fairly warm. 

3 hours ago, Junky said:

I have a hard top... 😜

Hi @Junky. Do you mean wind against swell outside of Moreton? They don’t seem to give a swell rating or direction inside the bay. Can you give an example of a report showing both so that I can work it out please? I’ve never really understood this wind against tide/against swell thing. I would love to!

1 hour ago, GregOug said:

Hi @Junky. Do you mean wind against swell outside of Moreton? They don’t seem to give a swell rating or direction inside the bay. Can you give an example of a report showing both so that I can work it out please? I’ve never really understood this wind against tide/against swell thing. I would love to!

Yes mate, outside.

Not particularly off Moreton, just offshore in general. 

I'm no Einstein. Get that out before I go any further. 

I use the wave rider sites. 

Wave rider

They will give you average wave heights as well as peak heights. 

The period is the gap between the peaks, and the zero crossing is how many seconds you will spend either side of the middle average of the wave height. The up and down, so to speak.

The higher the number, the bigger and more powerful the swell, but again, up and down motion does not bother me. 

Good old willy weather, bom and windy app for the area you're in to get an idea of wind speeds. 

Wind is the big player I'm my personal experience....

All good having a glass out day in 2m swell. 

Put 15kn of sw wind in top and it becomes lumpy. 

Happens a lot up at 1770.

Current will play a small factor but I've found that more on the bar crossings during peak tidal flows. 

Wide Bay bar is a classic example. 

You won't have much that will bother you in Moreton Bay with that new boat you're getting.

Practice manoeuvring it in strong winds and you're away. 

17 minutes ago, Junky said:

Yes mate, outside.

Not particularly off Moreton, just offshore in general. 

I'm no Einstein. Get that out before I go any further. 

I use the wave rider sites. 

Wave rider

They will give you average wave heights as well as peak heights. 

The period is the gap between the peaks, and the zero crossing is how many seconds you will spend either side of the middle average of the wave height. The up and down, so to speak.

The higher the number, the bigger and more powerful the swell, but again, up and down motion does not bother me. 

Good old willy weather, bom and windy app for the area you're in to get an idea of wind speeds. 

Wind is the big player I'm my personal experience....

All good having a glass out day in 2m swell. 

Put 15kn of sw wind in top and it becomes lumpy. 

Happens a lot up at 1770.

Current will play a small factor but I've found that more on the bar crossings during peak tidal flows. 

Wide Bay bar is a classic example. 

You won't have much that will bother you in Moreton Bay with that new boat you're getting.

Practice manoeuvring it in strong winds and you're away. 

Thanks @Junky. Much appreciated.