BCF Over priced

reelchippy

Hey guys watch out BCF margins they are high on a lot of things and would not match price

1Rod Holder

Adjusts vertically and horizontally. Open design for easy rod insertion. Thumb operated 'C' clip holds rod. Mount base 82 x 55mm, can be fitted to vertical or horizontal surfaces.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee261/reelchippy/5022a_adjust_rodholdr.jpg Bias $14.95

BCF $22.95
/>http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee261/reelchippy/5022a_adjust_rodholdr.jpg

2.Live Bait Pump

Converts a bucket or Esky (not included) into a bait tank. 250 US gallons (945 litres) per hour pump, suction cups at base. Height overall 290mm. Spray head at top. 700mm of electrical wire attached. 12 volt.

/>http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee261/reelchippy/2578_bla_portable_aeratr.jpg

Bias $28.90

BCF $48.95 2578_bla_portable_aeratr.jpg

post-692-144598437343_thumb.jpg

Mate I haven't sorted out that answer yet but in he meantime I have reverted back to using the aerators that suck air from outside or above the water line and inject it into the water.

Not sure what the teck term for them is. (the cheap $20 bucket ones do a better job then the recycle types).

The \"recylce types\" tend to bloke up. Especially when herring scales and prawn shells get sucked over the intake. I lost a entire load of livies cause the pump stopped pumping. :angry:

When I plumb my live tank I will be sucking in fresh water at the bottom with an outflow at the top of the tank.

On the subject of BCF.

Check your reciept when buying from them. Last time I was there I was over charged buy $2.50 each lure 3 in total. I went back and showed them. I didn't even get a sorry, just a price check and then the over charged amount of money handed back.

Would have been good if they had given me the overcharged one's for free like other places do;)

Jayson

Good point Chubs. Last time I went to BCF I gave them my members club card and spent $387, but when I got home I realised that they didn't give me my club members prices. The most notiable is a ski tube for $99 or $79 if a member.

I went back and they said I didn't give them my card, then I showed them the docket that said Brian D Member #456456455. Next excuse was \"sorry our system must have a hitch.\"

No sorry, no kiss bum - just made me feel like a scab. I should have gone to tackleworld, when will I learn. :S

Well there is your problem!

You should have gone and seen Troy, I think he is the Virginia one!

If your shopping at a shop that has a member that works there, go and see them.

3 benefits

1. You should get honest advice

2. Shows their boss they are a valuable member of the team and can bring in the customers!

3. Who would miss an opportunity to ask Troy to recommend some of their best colours in G Vibes and sprogs :)

Yeah, if I know Amart stocks something I'll always go see Rocket first. I don't care that much about price when it's a matter of 5-10%. Plus Amart is usually pretty cheap anyway. Only time I go elsewhere is Motackle for a big lure order or if I know Amart doesn't have a particular range like high end trebles etc.

I reckon for the best range of top end gear I've seen in brissie tackle warehouse on Old Cleaveland road is great if a little pricey. I can spend days in there ogling their lure range.

Haven't been out to tackleworld underwood yet so can't say anything about em but I hear good things.:)

bootyinblue wrote:

I bought that aerator, and took the fine mesh off the bottom and then drilled 3 holes in the shaft at the top.

Sits in the corner of the big esky and sprays 3 'chunky' streams out now that do the job.

I bought mine from Bias for about that price.

Booty good call man:), it does the trick now, thanks;) Have some Karma

Wanted to suggest for those making up an aerator or looking to buy one. A simple 4mm hose tapped into the outlet side of a bilge pump will do the trick for yas. Use a 3 or 4mm poly irrigation spur (has a spur at each end), then just use a bit of silicon 4mm air tube for aquariums. Pop a tap on the end to adjust the flow of air and you are away. You will need the air tube about a meter and then cut it to the length that works for ya. Bingo, you now have what is called a Venturi.

Something like this [img size=350]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/VenturiDesign.gif

post-2316-144598437781_thumb.gif

I have a little 200litre an hour aquarium filter I cart around for any sort of long term use, works great. I usually just bung it in a 40 or 60litre esky for keeping shrimp or yabbies alive for a week or two while away fishing. It aerates on the same principal as your model. Cost me $10 from Big W, they were selling them out. (I have 240volt inverter in the boat, plug it into mains in the camp ground)

For short term, I have a wire basket fish holder that I just hang over the side with the livies in it, or one of those two piece buckets where the centre piece is a strainer you just lift out and change the water in the bottom half.

Archived