MBAA Petition

ellicat

Here's a link to a Fisheries Research and Development Corporation (Australian Government) paper for those keen to make a more educated assessment and decision on whether the EPA should be ramming this change up our clackers.

http://www.vision6.com.au/download/files/08120/416631/FRDC+FINAL+REPORT

(It's a fair sized document so takes about a minute to come up)

Yeah but Ellicat have you seen all the hotties that take their dogs to the fenced exercise areas!

I am not that fussed on the alternative they are pimping, they are not suggesting what I would consider a viable alternative, just shuffling the decks really.

I am happy to write my local politician giving him my view at this stage. See where it goes from there.

I reckon the writing is on the wall so we need to get proactive.

They will most likely slowly keep closing the bay up over time until we are locked out altogether.

I reckon we should negotiate a few large areas of \"barren ground\" in the bay, get them guaranteed for fishing for ever (you know just like my gun licence was - maybe not forever then!) and put in some artificial reefs and start stocking snapper and jacks on the artificial reefs. (Both of which are currently stocked elsewhere) If we put in a few hundred acres to start with, then expanded them every few years we could then tell them to get stuffed.

Feral wrote - Yeah but Ellicat have you seen all the hotties that take their dogs to the fenced exercise areas!

People that buy dogs and then go \"Oh, my yard's too small:blink: I want the government to give me millions of dollars of fenced public space to take it now\"....Soon we'll be buying boats and fishing rods and saying \"$hit, the governments taken our backyard away!!!!!!\"

The way I see it is the petition provides a more unified exclamation. Whether agreeing with it's content entirely or partially, it is certainly infinitely better than what the EPA has proposed.

Yeah but I reckon a letter from me would carry more weight than my name on the petition, particularly as my letter will actually put my pointy of view, not one I dont really agree with.!

We all fight as we see fit, how we can, and in a manner we feel comfortable with - the final goal a sustainable fishery.

For those not as diligent as Feral, the petition is an easier option;) .

If choosing between the EPA plan and the MBAA plan I know where my vote goes. Something with a bit of real science behind it.

Writing your own letter/submission is great, but (imo) the government is a lazy beast and would rather choose something handed to it on a plate than collate the rest.

Remember the EPA plan will be effective from March. Time is running out.

ellicat wrote:

Here's an online \"e-petition\" you can submit if you agree. Quick, simple, and don't forget to get anyone else in your family to submit at the same time.;)

/>http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/view/EPetitions%5FQLD/CurrentEPetition.aspx?PetNum=978&lIndex=-1

/>http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/view/EPetitions_QLD/CurrentEPetition.aspx?PetNum=978&lIndex=-1

Well the marketing of this thread is working a treat. 191 hits since I changed the thread name 6 hours ago. Might be my most popular thread ever:woohoo: lol

• 2 weeks later...

Only 1 month left to go. So hurry and don't be late.

We're currently just ahead of the dog fence one now, but they have an extra 5 or six weeks of time after our deadline. Let's not let that be a bigger issue;)

Gotta flog the hobby horse again now I'm back. Just hope it's not a dead one:(

Archived