Cania/Monduran Trip

STU

Just got back from Monduran we only stayed for 2 sessions first session was cut short yesturday arvo by a storm but it all started out launching down that steep boat ramp and a bit in oar of the dam we had some spots given to us to try from the tackle shop at gin gin nice people they said its been tuff and also the camp grounds staff and charter operator rob gave us some advice but bad news we casted our butts off and trolled a bit for zero barra shawn got one fork tail cattie:angry: on the troll which at first got the heart pumping but that was all in the first session.2nd session I got a eel tail cattie :angry: casting but that was it we fished all the way up to B area and back to the dam wall this morning, we helped one guy take a photo for him with a 92cm barra he got trolling but that was the only one we saw or heard of so atleast I have the place sussed a bit for next time:blink: .

Now I will tell you about the first leg of the trip to Cania got there lunch time thursday unpacked and headed off to the dam first launched off the dirt ramp it was ok then noticed the the good new concrete which is much easier to launch it was pretty windy and a storm was a brewing got to a spot around behind the quarry started casting silent jackall hooked up to my first bass hopping it back from the bank:) then we went to the other side grassy bank with snags sticking out along it casting spinnerbaits then the heavens opened up on us but we battled through finally it stopped not long after and I landed another bass ended up with 2 more doing the same and Shawn landed a spangle perch:P on jackall casting to the banks got back to the cabin in the rain again and it lasted all night.

2nd session we got up early on the dam in dark using surface lures went back to same spot where I landed first bass got one strike from what I think waqs a bass got the heart pumping then I saw a boil about 3m from the boatwith a small wake behind it flicked my popper out one twitch and bang I'm on toga quick fight and landed it 63cm :) .Ended up with 3 more bass for that morning on spinnerbaits and 1 on hopping a mask vibe on some open flats, lucky Shawn got another spangle on jackall.Went back in for lunch and waited for arvo session.

3rd session I got another 4 bass in the arvo then hung around till dark about 7pm we were poppering with ther ever faithfull sk popper again casting where I got my first one I cast towards the bank with a pause then bng on again fighting a nice toga which jumped a couple times netted it and it went 70cm:woohoo: new pb, not long after kept casting and saw a toga turn and crack my popper landed it another 63cm so we called that quits whith all the bugs and mozzies giving us the shits also forget dropped another little toga on spinnerbait early on in the arvo.

Next morning went right down to the end of the dam where it went about 3ft to 10ft at places then came to a end with the dam being at 5% more like a river got 7more bass 3 on surface and Shawn finally got 2 on surface and 1 on spinnerbait :woohoo: he finally broke his spangle voodoo.And I dropped another huge toga on spinnerbait in a small pond at the end of the dam in a small pond.

Last session saw us back down the shallows again casting surface and I dropped another toga on surface when it jumped and spat the hooks and Shawn landed a 46cm toga on surface :) He was one happy camper that was his first ever we left before dark as it started to rain again.

Tally Stuart- 20 bass

3 toga and dropped 3

Shawn- 3 bass

1 toga

2 spangled perch [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/cania_day2_arvo_005_AFO.jpg

post-1103-144598438473_thumb.jpg

Archived