Albert River Flood

Brian D

Brian in that 2nd picture do you go left or right from there. As I was saying the other day at Hinze I am looking to catch my first wild bass and this was going to be the first spot I try, obviously not for a while now.

Does it normally fish well for bass?

Geez she's certainly risen alot more since last week when I went there the bridge was only a foot under, now it would have to be at least 2-3 metres wouldn't it?

WayneD wrote:

Brian in that 2nd picture do you go left or right from there. As I was saying the other day at Hinze I am looking to catch my first wild bass and this was going to be the first spot I try, obviously not for a while now.

Does it normally fish well for bass?

Geez she's certainly risen alot more since last week when I went there the bridge was only a foot under, now it would have to be at least 2-3 metres wouldn't it?

Angus / Wayne - this is where I get the wild bass, no tilapias but there is carp.

Turn right for sharks, jacks and jew that are chasing the mullet.

Turn left for Bass, Bream and Carp. About 2 hours up river in yak there is a weir that over flowed, hopfully a lot of big bass went over the wall. Might even be a cod or 2.

It has risen about 8 metres in this shot and peaked at 15metres they say. Look at the 2nd shot and you can see water level on the bank next to the road.

It is still tidal and will be ready to fish this weekend I expec.;)

Wayne - It is not unusual for the lower bridge to go under in the Christmas tides. The locals say they used to have to wait for the tide to go down before they could get home. I suppose they built the old bridge in winter!

As to fish good for bass, have a look at other Alber River Bass reports I posted, they are not big fish but they are wild. Surface and Spinners are the most productive lures.

Vevies rd Rumer, pretty amazing 'a'. Thi swas the day after the flood, we couldn't get to it during the flood as the road was flooded. It was about another 3 meters up rfrom this level. Have another look at the water level mark on the far bank. Man I so much suspect that some of the stocked cod got washed over.

Elicat you're not wrong often but I hope your wrong here.

Surely at least some bigger bass came over. During normal times there is about a 5 meter wall here which stops all the fish movement. From what I hear all the bigger buggers are stuck on the other side, hopefully these came over.

Brian D wrote:

Elicat you're not wrong often but I hope your wrong here.

Surely at least some bigger bass came over. During normal times there is about a 5 meter wall here which stops all the fish movement. From what I hear all the bigger buggers are stuck on the other side, hopefully these came over.

No idea about bass Brian D. Certainly smaller cod will get washed down, but the bigger guys are strong enough to swim against it. Remember how hard you used to be able to go when the spawning trigger went off ?:woohoo: :laugh:

Archived