Alex launches his boat!

Feral

Well took Alex up to Lake Macdonald so he could launch his boat.

Decided on Mac Donald, as I could use an electric, and it was shallow enough to retrieve the boat if it sunk.

The boat fitted quite nicely inside the Silver Bullet for the trip up.

aaP1100031.jpg

When we got to the lake is was pouring down, and blowing a gale. Undeterred we set about launching!

aaP1100035.jpg

Alex learned real quick that weed and electrics dont mix!

aaP1100039.jpg

The smile on the dial says it all

aaP1100045.jpg

aaP1100064.jpg

aaP1100066.jpg

And before we headed for home we did a few towing trials (I only have a 40amp hour battery for the little boat, so if we do some serious fishing, towing is likely to be on the cards!)

aaP1100068.jpg

Alex zipped around for about an hour and a half, terrorising ducks, kayakers and anything else silly enough to get in his way. But he had a ball, slept all the way home in the car!

Weather did not really matter that much, Alex discovered a bit of "circle work" on top of the bubbler made for an excellent amount of water flying about. Was not all that happy about having to bail it out afterwards though!

The little boat with the 28lb motor on did exactly the same top speed as the Silver bullet running the 54lber. But gee didn't it get there quick! I reckon it could easily handle a higher pitch blade for a lot more top end!

Archived