1st time barra fishing ( barra park )

kevinchen19870316

Thanks for shortie's offer, i finally got a chance to do a bit of barra fishing. we arrived at barra park at 9:20 and the fun begins

i got my first barra on a SX48 a few casts later and got 3-4 more b4 i change to a bright color lure.

the bright color did the trick and i landed 12-13 average sized barra b4 we had to go at only 2 pm.:( to catch up my work

shortie got 15-16 barra with one over 75cm in big boys and i got 17-18 all average but good fun

hopefully the pics will come out [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSC01605_AFO.jpg

post-1433-144598440346_thumb.jpg

Picked Kev up a 6 this morning to hit Aussie Fishing Park at Bli Bli.

He was more excited than a 5 year old on Christmas eve.

After visiting a customer of mine on the way we got there at about 9:30

We parked in the car park where Kev promptly tied on his fancy new mega Bass Lure.

We are 200 metres from the water and Kev get his first hook up of the day. A 2 metre tree in the car park. What a fisherman

Lucky he was using his 200lb braid or it might got away.

1 ended up with 15 Barra Kev 17 or 18. The big boys pond was very quiet. 1 got 1 fish out of there. It was near impossible to fish the mixed pond cause the wind was blowing quit strongly into your face. Impossible to cast against.

Kev Caught fish on his mega Bass, and SX 48

I cuaght fish on a Jackall and a cheaper copy.

Kev will post pics soon.

Good looking fish, are you allowed to keep some of your catch or do you have to return them to the pond and get patted down on the way out the gate incase you have a sneaky one hidden in your duds?

I have never been park fishing so have no idea of how it works, but could imagine a great day there if there were BBQ's on site. Couldnt get a much fresher barra burger than that....

bootyinblue wrote:

Good looking fish, are you allowed to keep some of your catch or do you have to return them to the pond and get patted down on the way out the gate incase you have a sneaky one hidden in your duds?

I have never been park fishing so have no idea of how it works, but could imagine a great day there if there were BBQ's on site. Couldnt get a much fresher barra burger than that....

Yep BBQ on the site. If ya wanted to keep a fish it was $20 a Kg.

kevinchen19870316 wrote:

that color works wonderfully in the park... well, just get some more...

That look like the ultimate jack lure. Make sure you cut me in on the order:) I'd be using 50lb though. :lol:

How deep is it there? Would Xrap slash baits work there?

If youve caught wild barra or even stocked impoundment barra (Awoonga) then you could be disappointed at these fish.

Needed no action on the lure to catch. Were pretty unenergetic. Didnt really fight well.

A great place to take the kids or interstate visitors for a bit of fun. Would be great for scholl excursion (and they offer discount to school groups.

ITs not called aussie fishing park anymore as it has new owners.

Suncoast Barra Fishing Park.

Adults

3 hours $25

Day $35

Family (2 adults 2 kids

3 hours $55

Day $75

Children under 15

3 hours $15

Day $20

shortie wrote:

If youve caught wild barra or even stocked impoundment barra (Awoonga) then you could be disappointed at these fish.

Needed no action on the lure to catch. Were pretty unenergetic. Didnt really fight well.

So would you say fishing with bream gear they'd go hard??

Did you check none of your rods ended up at Kev's place?? :laugh: I got a text early this morning from him drooling over a few Loomis goodies.:cheer:

He was going to start searching your car for Stellas:silly:

For it to be really good your would have to be fishing 2-4lb only.

Even the bigger 1 i got in the Big boys pond wasnt that exciting on 6lb.

Luckily i didny take my stella. I was using loomis GLX with titanium guides and a simple old stradic.

The other loomis stayerd in the car.

Thats some great numbers and on lures the best ive heard of from there, norm livies do about that well. ive caught plenty of large wild barra and they fight incredibly hard, ive even been spooled on a baitcaster like your using kev on a meter plus fish off a headland,

were the fish jumping much shortie?

Cowfish13 wrote:

Great work:)

And that'll convince everyone that you can fish with whatever leader you like if you have the right skills:lol:

Yep Kevs a pretty good fisho. I reckon he could use anchor rope and still catch fish.

Mac: the fish did little aerobatics. The fish we dropped would take the lure close to the bank and just about leap onto the bank thats when we dropped them. You have to rememeber they are only i max 2 mtrs of water with limites space to run.

a lot of action up there in the creek

thursday we got 19 there and friday 1 lol but we lost a fair few

on thursday i got a big 1 in the creek 70-75cm

and boy kevins good with his baitcaster

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/IMG_0116_AFO.jpg

good fun with 6lb fireline and 8lb leader took 15min lol

post-1683-144598440706_thumb.jpg

Archived