Cressbrook ABT bass electric

STU

Left nice and early got there quicker than I thought was the 5th person waiting for the gates to open soon after I looked back and there was atleast 40 cars and boats behind me a bit dawnting.Put the boat in then had to wait till everyone else was in and then they had to check all the live wells so we started about 7.30am.It was pretty windy and with my bigger boat I was a bit slow so the spot I was going too I was beatin there tried a few surface lures but no luck then used little maxs vibration lures in gold this lure caught me 5 undresize bass and thats all I got all morning so a disapointing bag of zero for me:( tried jackalls,plastics,spinnerbaits and still nothing saw a few patches of fish but you would soon get blown off them I had one fish on that felt legal but got off half way in:angry:

There was a few of the big names fishing in the comp like Tim Morgan saw him and a few others land bass but they where small too but I did not stick around for final weigh-in

so I will check abt for results in a few days.Carl Jocumsen was running this event he helped me put my boat on the trailer cause it was still windy he said it would only get worse being a toowoomba local he would know he told me there was about 90 something anglers in this event one of there biggest turn outs the last hinze one I was in there was 62 anglers.

Got back in early to beat the crowd and make it home to watch the footy:P

So hope to do better next event (I might need lucky charm plasticman with me):P [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/100_0140_AFO.jpg

post-1103-144598447609_thumb.jpg

Feral wrote:

Should have gone and had a prefish the day before.

I wish I had but you cannot prefish 1 week prior to the comp I think alot of the anglers where from toowoomba thats why there was so many at this event:blink:

Well done mate... I no how hard it can be in the comp's... I was lucky enough to draw tim in the last tweed abt bream comp... that boy can pull fish from anywere huh: .. God, you should some of his casts :blink::)

better luck next time mate... it's all good fun !!

Noel

Archived