leaders

will

I normally use:

4lb crystal-6lb fluro

6lb fireline-6lb or 10lb fluro

8lb " -10lb fluro

20lb whiplash - 40lb fluro

My leader length depends entirely on how many times I change lures! It starts at about 1-1.5m and shrinks till I can no longer tie a knot with the remaining fluro:blush:

Does not seem to make much difference, but I "feel" safer playing a fish when I have a longer leader, especially amongst snags.

I have heard of "Purists" and comp fishos sometimes re-leader or re-tie after each fish, I am too lazy and fluro is too dear to do that I reckon:P

Rocket

It differs hugely. Depending on, the clarity of the water, how finniky or hungry the fish are, and if your using bait or lures, with lures for bream, in crystal clear water where they are finniky i like to use 3lb flurocarbon, where as in the brissy river, it doesnt seem to matter to much so i like to use around 8lb flurocarbon so that its fairly strong, the fish cant see it, and the action of the small lure isnt affected by the thickness of the leader. For targeting jacks, it depends on the lures, the bigger the lure, usually the heavyer leader you can go, but if your casting a smaller or delicate topwater lure you may need to go down to 12 - 15lb apposed to 30lb++ for a large lure. It also depends hugely on the structure, offcorse if there are sharp barnicles or heaps of snags you will deffenetly want to beef the leader.. But if its a blunt rockwall or a pontoon with not much sharp things growing off or around it than you can go a little more finnese. Just depends on the fish, location,tackle, and lure/baits.. fairly basic info, just my thoughts.

Archived