NPD Anzac Friday

Tom B

Early is 5/45am as soon as you can see and this is when the snakes are still asleep. That way you can leave the area before the snakes come out to sun themselves. For this reason avoid open clear bits of ground that is sunny. You are safer where the long grass shades the track.

Dinodadog wrote:

Early is 5/45am as soon as you can see and this is when the snakes are still asleep. That way you can leave the area before the snakes come out to sun themselves. For this reason avoid open clear bits of ground that is sunny. You are safer where the long grass shades the track.

Oh dear, I've always thought cleared spaces were safer........

Thanks for the info, Dino.

EMP

EMP: I know when you have heaps of long grass everywhere, then a nice walked on track in the middle of it in the sun, you'll most likely find plenty of snakes there. Why? because its the only spot around where they can easily rest and get the sun.

Afterall,they're out there to bask in the sun :)

TerryH wrote:

EMP: I know when you have heaps of long grass everywhere, then a nice walked on track in the middle of it in the sun, you'll most likely find plenty of snakes there. Why? because its the only spot around where they can easily rest and get the sun.

Afterall,they're out there to bask in the sun :)

Thanks, Terry.

I thought it might be a bit safer to stay in the clear path. The last time I was at the dam, I was sitting just beside the tall grass. This is making me shudder!

Thanks again.

EMP

Mate, just walk through, becareful when you're walking. If you see a snake give it time to bugger off.

From what I know, the idea is to make noise to alert the snakes to your position so they can get out of your way. It's when they feel threatened that they will attack.

Wind seems to be a dominating factor at NPD. No wind is usualy no fish, light wind hitting your face is good and if a strong wind make sure you are casting with it. If bait fishing from the boat and anchored from the front a light breeze is good as it makes your boat yaw from side to side and cover more ground.

long pants wont save ya but it will help..snakes will be a bit slower in the mornings now its cooled a bit,but by arfo time they will be more active...especialy in these warmer days...just walk heavy so they can feel ur viberations and bugger off before you get to em..

Archived