Wivenhoe 2morro

Bommie

Dazzamcgee wrote:

Brian D wrote:
Dazza should we make it 4.30? There is a strong wind warning and we will need to get in by about lunch time.

yeah mate 4.30 sounds sweet!!

How does wivenhoe handle the wind?? Will there still be areas to fish if it picks up early?

if its blowing the way you want to go its alright:) but it can get rough if it gets 15knots or more

well things did not turn out as planned, got a call to say that I had some free tickets to the lions v demons at 1pm, so had to cut the fishing trip short. Only managed to hook 1 big bass in the short time I was fishing, but I forgot the net and when I went to do the lift my leader let go and of swam the bass with my purple boomerang:angry: :angry: ,

the worst thing was the leader didn't snap, but came undone:blush:

the fog on the water was awesome [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/IMG_2738_AFO.jpg

post-2146-144598455437_thumb.jpg

Bommie, from where you launch do you fish just across on the other side of the little bay there up against the wall where all the timber is?

If you go across where the reeds are on the left where you launched and the down the far side of the left hand bank there were stacks of fish surfacing around there.

And anyone, if you see catamarans on the water look for sail nunber 1012, cause its me and I am normally out of control so steer clear!!

bootyinblue wrote:

Bommie, from where you launch do you fish just across on the other side of the little bay there up against the wall where all the timber is?

If you go across where the reeds are on the left where you launched and the down the far side of the left hand bank there were stacks of fish surfacing around there.

And anyone, if you see catamarans on the water look for sail nunber 1012, cause its me and I am normally out of control so steer clear!!

Booty, I head north following the river channel just out from hays landing fishing near the steep banks

(anchor tree:) )

Freshy2Fish wrote:

sorry guys only just logged on today, im new to the freshwater fishing scene after living in alice springs for 10 years, would love to see about comming out with some of you and getting to know Wivenhoe Dam!

if anyone is interested please let me know, i live at the dam

Andrew

You what? Live at the dam -m do you need a middle aged fat man for a wife?:blink:

Brian D wrote:

Freshy2Fish wrote:
sorry guys only just logged on today, im new to the freshwater fishing scene after living in alice springs for 10 years, would love to see about comming out with some of you and getting to know Wivenhoe Dam!

Andrew

You what? Live at the dam -m do you need a middle aged fat man for a wife?:blink:

:laugh: Way to Pimp it out big fella:laugh:

Brian D wrote:

Freshy2Fish wrote:

Andrew

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: lol:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ha ha ha ha

hehe no thanks mate! i am taken! does anyone have a key to access any of the lake?? im keen on getting to some spots i have heard about through working as a contractor for SEQ Water and am aware of some areas to check out! would love to get out early and beat the ranger, hear of some awesome areas close to the wall to check out!

Archived