Wivenhoe, christened the outback

WayneD

Headed off to Wivenhoe with Steve this arvo Got there about 1:30, Steve had already launched but hadn't got to farr so he turned around to witness my first launch in the outback. After all the fanfare died down and the smoke from the fireworks cleared we headed toward the fence line.

Steve nailed a couple of nice bass on the troll over there and then we worked the bank for a bit with Steve picking up another. Decided to paddle across the dam to Platypus Cliffs. Steve got another not long after. Left me wondering what I was doing wrong.

It was my turn up to bat next. A nice 42fl bass. Not a bad way to christen the hobie! We made it all the way over to the cliffs only to have to turn around and come back again. Steve joked about getting six on the troll back, and off we went.

My baitcaster went off not long afterand another nice 42fl bass came to the boat. This kept happening and happening and I ended up with five on the troll back. Wind picked up on sunset and was a wet peddle home. One downside to the outback is the hull slap. I didn't notice until Steve told me about it, annoying but not too bad.

Gun lure for me today was the jackall in the fuzzy photo, purple and silver. Steve was smashing them on a trolled spinnerbait! Unbelievable. Great day and great company Steve. Look forward to doing it all on Monday morning again.

PS Only one small cattie for me today, sensational!!! Exciting winter coming up.

Wivenhoe030508001Medium.jpg

Wivenhoe030508004Medium.jpg

Wivenhoe030508010Medium.jpg

Wivenhoe030508012Medium.jpg

Archived