Shultz and Nudgee Creek 14/05

Do$tylz

Hi All,

So, after a good nights fishing at KP and getting smoked twice, it was time to wake up at 6:20 and get my fish on at Shultz with Chubbs.

I got there at around 7:10 after a short cruise from the g/f's house. Man... the amount of traffic at 6:30am on the Gateway motorway.... crazy.

As soon as I got there, Chubbs was onto a small bream. Declined a happy snap so no pictures of that one. Within I think 4 more casts, he was onto a good flattie. After a bit of difficulty with a camera with no batteries, and a non-complying flattie a nice pic was taken. Caught on a gulp shrimp in that green/orange combo. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/14052008681_AFO.jpg

post-873-144598457965_thumb.jpg

Within another 4 casts, he was onto another flattie measuring in at around 42cm. I do have a pic, but just imagine the above photo with the exact same fish, just 10cm shorter :D

By this time I had finally got my rod rigged up and started casting. Got onto the scoreboard with a little hungry tailor with an sx40. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/14052008683_AFO.jpg

post-873-144598457972_thumb.jpg

After catching a couple of other rats, an opera yabbie trap and a set of lip-grippers :D we moved along the creek and kept fishing.

We got the that footbridge and fished there for a while for nothing. While fishing there we were joined by Fisherman X (hehehe. not allowed to release his identity due him to wanting to keep his manhood). So myself, Chubbs and Fisherman X fished for the next couple of hours along the creek for nothing. We threw sx40s, plastics (including the ones available online here, and poppers, and every other thing possible) At least I got to show Fisherman X my questionable tactics in retrieving a snagged lure.

We headed back to the main bridge in hopes of getting back onto the fish. Chubbs was first on to what we thought was a most ambitious bream. 4 casts later, he had shown that there were more bream that thought they were superman. (Fisherman X has a pic of this one).

By this time we'd realised the fishing was turning crap here, and my stomach was grumbling for food. So Chubbs and I headed for Nudgee creek, saying goodbye to Fisherman X as persisted.

Had lunch at the snack bar near Nudgee beach (good value for money). Fished at the nudgee creek for 1 little bream. Headed home at around 1pm.

Good to fish with you Chubbc and Fisherman X. We'll have to do it again sometime.

I also went fishing at West End in the arvo for 40min while I waited to pick up the g/f from work. Scored the same bream twice I reckon. Went around the 27cm mark. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/14052008684_AFO.jpg

post-873-144598457975_thumb.jpg

BassTracker wrote:

The shultz can produce some pretty good fish, Ive been catching threadfin salmon in there after most of the brissy river spots have been found out, Ive found them hanging around a particular spot.. Got a nice 70cm one there on friday night.

Wow that's interesting to know! Do you get them on bait or lures in there ?

Well writen mate, Thanks for that!:kiss:

After playing Grand Theft Auto IV untill 2am. I managed to drag myself out of bed at 6am:side: , Grabbed the rod and tackle bag, a quick bit of sweet talking the to my wife and of out the door by 6:10:blink:

Got to Schultz and found the tide up and on the turn. After sliding 2 meters through mud and water I made it to the bridge pilon:woohoo: Long story short,

First time at Schultz I caught my first SP Bream!!:)

This trip was my second time and I caught my first ever HB Bream:woohoo: It was a monster at about 10cm:blush: Within the next 2-3 casts I hooked one a touch bigger than my VX 40. Not sure if it was trying to eat it or mate with it:huh:

Anyways a couple of good flatties that were sent back to fight another day, some small whiteing and Bream, a pair of lip grippers (I forgot to give them to you before you left Do$z) and a crab pot. Most of all I enjoyed the conversation and stroll around the river.

Thanks again for the company Do$tylez and FISHERMAN X. Good to see you both again.

Untill next time.

Jayson

Archived