fishing freinds

straddiebrad

yep. Unless "fishing buddies" is different to what I'm thinking about, there are plenty of offers around this site each week for people to join either a convoy or take a spare seat on someone elses trek in the big blue.

Welcome to the site, stick around, say G'day and you'll have plenty of mates to go fishing anywhere.

That sounds good. There are a few people that fish more around that area. Im not one of them though as I dont have a boat!

I fish a lot land based with good results though around Straddy.

What do you usually target?

Angus

i get out off the top of moreton myself at times. weather dependent may be heading out there on sunday so if you want to tag along more than welcome (my boat is full). it's a decent run across the bay, will need fuel for at least 3-4hrs running time. there are a few others on the site who head out there at times as well, keep your eyes on the "going fishing" noticeboard. doesn't mean we know what we are doing or anything like that, but we have fun trying!!! :P

from the mouth of the river to the cape is 58km. depending on your engine, burn rates can be anything up to 30 ltr per hour, in any case you should be ok, i always take a bit to spare just in case. it is closer from redcliffe or bribie to the cape and outside but by the time you tow the boat there it is quicker from the river from the southside of bris. and it can be a total bitch if it blows up and you have to cross the bay in 15-20knots. very wet ride home. never fun unless you have the worlds best catch in the esky!

Archived