Local creek action

Keechie

hi i fished a local creek on saturday with a mate of mine for 3 hours. i arrived at the ramp at 7'oclock and waited for my mate to pick me up as he went out slightly earlier to try to get a few bream on fly but only managed 1 at 26cm. we travelled up the creek for our first drift which produced nothing but 2 hook ups and 2 lost fish deep in the snags. we moved back up and went to drift again i attempted to skip cast my plastic under a mangrove branch but managed to bounce it over the snag and got it stuck as i was jgging the plastic through the water column trying to get it out when there was weight so i tightened the drag and up came a bream so instantly mark motored over and netted the 26cm bream, a few happy snaps then back to the water. next i managed a wind knot and oncve finished untangling i was surprised to feel weight on the end after a quick battle up comes a 33cm flathead. next mark was onto a beautifull little bream of 24cm and in quick succession i pulled a nother 26cm beam off the flats. as the tide receded the fish came fre of the snags and moved to deeper water which in the next produced 2 bream and 3 flathead for mark and 1 bream and 2 flathead for me. a change in locations and instantly first cast mark yells yep i am on up came a magnificant 73cm flathead and weighed 2.35kg on the scales, he was very luckey using 3lb braid and 6lb leader as the flathead swALLOWED the lure right down and once in the net the leader snapped(marks new pb flathead. mark finished with 2 bream 1 undersized with its snout bitten off and then next cast mark pulled in a 37cm jewfish. i learnt more than i had in 1 day then a did in a year. it was a great day i can't wait till next time.

regards,

keechie

post-3291-144598458418_thumb.jpg

unfortunately no pics of the bream or jewie and i agree the jewie's do look cool at that size so cute and little, it still would of been able to fit a gold ball in its mouth:cheer: oh yeah the plastics that did the damage was an atomic prong and squidgy wrigglers and berkley power hawgs.

[img size=267]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Bream_fishing_Spot_X_004-7a9c9f768ba10bc28e066a33b2ce0135.jpg [img size=267]

post-3291-144598458448_thumb.jpg

Archived