Clarrie Hall Dam-pre fish

STU

Got on the water about 6.30am went to one of the first lilly pad points and plasticman and I both scored a bass first cast:) nothing huge but still a good start saw plenty of bass on the sounder for a few hits but no hook-up then Andrew scored a nice eel tail catty,After this we moved on to try a few more spots got onto a nice patch of bass we filled the live well as to not drop them back into the school and shut them down got some nice size ones in amongst some that were just over legal releasd them all then back to the spot to have them move on anyway:angry: but this was no big deal as we got onto plenty more at another spot plus a couple more eel tail cattys was a great morning with 35 bass landed and 3 cattys so hope it all goes as well on comp day.:unsure:

Stu -21 bass 1 catty

Andrew -14 bass 2 cattys

My first [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/35_C.jpg

post-1103-144598458958_thumb.jpg

Those caties were anoying when we were there they must be breeding and our lures must bounce into their nests and they just smash them. So how big was the biggest bass in cm it must be fishing well at the moment and also did you manage to get any on fly.

Well done on the fish Stu

Dec wrote:

Those caties were anoying when we were there they must be breeding and our lures must bounce into their nests and they just smash them. So how big was the biggest bass in cm it must be fishing well at the moment and also did you manage to get any on fly.

i think it was around 40cm fl we mostly go off weight now because of these electrics comps

Dec wrote:

I knew you would ask that I did crap with the fly need to learn how to cast better I think it went 40cm but we were more worried about weight cause thats what matters some smaller bass Ive caught at wivenhoe are heavier than the 50's

haha beat me andrew hear the echo

only 2 other boats out and the picnic area is great nice mowed grass toilets easy launching you would love it rod its just past Uki which is before Nimbin on the nimbin/Kyogle rd past Murwullimbah You go past the first sign to the dam and keep going to you see crams farm and that takes you to the better part the first gate is no good so dont bother trust me crams farm is great would be good for a day out with the mrs mate

not sure on that one mate but a better explanation to get ther is follow hwy through tweedheads then take murwullimbah exit once you get to there go through town till you see nimbin/kyogle rd follow that for 20mins or so then you will pass through Uki past there is the first gate keep going for a while till you see crams farm turnoff follow that to the dam.

It is the best looking dam I have seen yet and I have seen a few Mt Warning over looks it.

Mate I have been there twice first time we got about 10 second 35 so pretty good so far you can still pick fish up casting at the lilys this time but probably not as many as summer but there are alot deeper now so you might score some trolling the edges of the lilys Rod there is only one way to find out

Yer just asking as our comp was done on lenght I think our biggest fish was 43cm overall on fly. I don't think you will asnwer this but anyway where did you get the fish. Well good luck in the bass electric.

Archived