My boat fit out

dunney

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at the moment im installing all the electronics,painting some area's of the insides and cutting out the hatch's..so tomorrow she should be very close to being finished.

i still have to get some seats,finish my live bait tank and get it registerd which will be done during the week

Feral wrote:

saltshaker wrote:
Feral wrote:
Er - I hope that trailer shot was before you adjusted the rollers!

er um yeah it is why

Because the keel looks like its about 4 inches above the rollers :)

ahh the untrained..lol jokes

na the keel on these boats are crazy..they taper up just after the middle roller..so if i raised the rear roller it would be almost impossible to launch the boat unless the trailer was fully submerged.is that explained properly?

um the rounding off was about 100-150ish i think..it was somewear in those figures

yeah mate the boat is so much more solid now than factory..although its a bit heavier its still not too bad...

floors and hatch's to go in this week and installing the sounder and gps also...

awaiting a reply form a guy from the states to get my seats and live bait tank...more pics later on in the week

Looks fantastic.

What sort of live bait tank were you after? I have one out of my boat sitting here, waiting to go to the dump, you can have. The lid is a little daggy but that could easily be replaced with ply or a teflon cutting board.

Are they the factory side pockets?

bigtez wrote:

Looks fantastic.

What sort of live bait tank were you after? I have one out of my boat sitting here, waiting to go to the dump, you can have. The lid is a little daggy but that could easily be replaced with ply or a teflon cutting board.

Are they the factory side pockets?

mate i have my eye on a poly on from the states...but if you have one at home please post up a pic of her so i can hav a look..might be able to find someplace for it in my boat

ok hull was 1600ish.

-side decks were 400ish

-rounded front of the boat was 130ish.

-bow plate was 110.

-all the alloy box section was about 150..another 150 for welding(he's a mate so i got that done cheep!!).

-the ply,marine carpet and the proper glue cost more than i expected...i didnt really shop around for the cheepest prices but i think its about 300+ for the ply,carpet and glue.

-paint,thinners,primer was about $150max....would be cheeper if i didnt want the white tops on the boat.

-screws,electrics, hinges etc $100

the side pockets were not a factory item i wanted them a specific sice for my gear.

motor was $2900..its elec start etc...base model is about $2500.

for you own sake a fully done model of this boat for the hull only is about $5200-$6600(no sounders etc).depending on the paint u want and the amount of extra's.

i think my hull is at around $2500-$3000max and ive now finished..so its 1/2 the price and its set out the way i want it,not the way the factory wants it.you may get stung a lot more for welding and electronics as i know a guy in the biz, but you may save more on shopping around for better prices on other things as i was sick of trying to get the best prices on things

all that is left to do is a live bait tank,underfloor fuel tank(if i decide to have one) and the rear casting deck....i havt installed this yet as i want to do a few trips to figure out if i want one or not....

Archived