Bribie Ocean Side Sat 24th and Tue 27th

pcsolutionman

Saturday

Went out Saturday with Terry and Jimmy, I got there and was on the water about half an hour before Terry and Jimmy, I was working the Beacon with some plastics when they joined me. as they did We spotted some Tuna so we were straight onto them casting Slugs at them. but they went as fast as they came popping up 300 Meters away. Long Story short we saw a couple of small schools of big Yellowfin and some bigger schools of Bluefin we probly put in about 8ks or so only getting half a dozen casts at them :angry: :angry: :angry: Jimmy and I decided to head back to the beacon and try for some snapper, Got back to the beacon and the Tuna started boiling there so out goes the slug and Bam im on :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: yeeeha Rod loaded to the max Drag screaming off this lasted for about 15 seconds them nothing, pulled the fricken hooks :blink::( :( oh well back to some bottom bashing then another School comes past second cast at them and im on again this fish hit the slug about 4 meters from my yak litterally leaping at the slug as it skipped along the surface. BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz off she goes straight round the bow of the yak and heading for the Horizon man they have some go I had a pretty heavy drag setting 20lb finns on my 4000 Tierra but this thing was stripping line at ease until the line goes slack:S :blink: thinking he might have swung around and was running at me I wound hell for leather but nothing but the Slug weight DAMMMMMMMMM pulled the hooks again. Jimmy and I saw Terry limp back to the beach with his busted rudder so jimmy went and headed in, I decided to stay out a while longer. Watched Jimmy get rolled on the way back in :blush: :blush: :blush. found out later from Terry that Jimmy had lost his phone and some other gear :S :unsure: he lost his temper and well put it this way his rod and reel both ended up in the garbage bin there :blink:

Anyway I decided to Try a jackal TN60 around the beacon for the snapper and it paid off third cast with a Solid hookup on a very very good sized Snapper from others I have caught id estimate 65cm+ I hooked it about 15M from the beacon but on the 4lb gear couldnt stop it before being busted up on it :(:(

That was our day Saturday, nothing caught but loads of chasing some good sized Tuna a couple of hookups and lost fish, oh well you cant win them all.

Tuesday-Today

After the Tuna were busting up on saturday Terry and I decided to give bribie another crack today :):). I got there at 6am setup and headed for the beacon, it was like Glass today little to no wind or swell, no signs of any Tuna early so I stuck to the beacon and some plastics on the lighter gear. had a quick visit from a small Pod of dolphins, nothing unusual out there except for the fact that one of the smaller dolphins was an Albino the first I have seen, thought that was cool. Anyway there was almost no current running today so light jigheads were the order of the day, I had a 1/24th hidden weight in a 3" Gulp minnow in Mouldy cheese as my floater and a 1/12th head in a 5" Nuc chook on the rod I was working. Thought to myself dam Terry is late not here yet ???? probly broken down lol i thought, back to fishing. about half an hour in the floater went off screaming line off the little 4lb outfit :woohoo: :woohoo: a good solid fight saw the my first snapper of the season :):) you beauty i thought. lifted him in bled him and stowed him away.

Measured later at home went 45cm

[img size=499]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb161/pcsolutionman/Bribie%20Ocean%20side/27-05-08/P1030272AFO.jpg

a couple of drifts later and the floater goes off again not as big this time but another good keeper and thats Dinner taken care of Yummy Snapper:):):)

measure later at home went 39cm

[img size=499]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb161/pcsolutionman/Bribie%20Ocean%20side/27-05-08/P1030273AFO.jpg

went quite around the beacon after that so I decided to put a couple of halco scorpions on and troll in close to the beach up to second lagoon and back. Terry still had not arrived and it was around 8:00am:blink: Trolled the 4ks up and back for just one small flounder greedy little bugger. I decided to head in and call it a day as I landed on the beach I see this orange yak being carried down to the beach yep Terry, and yes he had broken down:blush::blush: blew a radiator hose, right near an auto store so just waited for it to open, Lucky bugger.

Not much happening out there now no signs of any Tuna all morning and the Snapper had gone off the bite so we decided to head to ewen and have a crack at a Toga or Bass.

Got to ewen after stopping at home for a bite to eat and drop the fish off :):). we fished it hard with buzz baits and got a couple of hits from small Toga but none stuck. To top the day off I lost me rod overboard after trying to sneak up on Terry while he was on the phone it got caught on his paddle that was sitting on the side of his yak BLOOP :blink: :blink: what was that damm Turn around to see rod and reel go under. Same Sol 2000 and Bream finesse that went over at Barumba lol. cast for it for a little while before Terry had to leave to get to UNI. I thought bugger this and tied 8 Slugs and 3 big Jig heads together :woohoo: :woohoo: and trolled it around and BINGO pulled the beast up, man this setup has more lives than your average cat lol

Lee

You forgot my catch at Ewen????

As for saturday, I was limping around about 2km away from everyone else... gee I wish lee was there to pull my rudder up so I could paddle properly at least :blush: serves me right for thinking I can use a broken rudder:P at one stage I was in the middle of 3 small groups of yellowfin busting up all over the place, with 30-40 birds working the surface. However I was always just outside of casting range, and could barely move due to my rudder - if I had a fully working yak (like I do now - thanks mal @ sunstate hobie, you're a top guy:) ) I reckon I would have had heaps of casts at bust ups.

One of the few casts I did get off I got a solid smash on the slug but no hook up :(

Hahaha - classic rod retrieval Lee:laugh: Nice to see some squire, but pity about the big fella....4lb line though :whistle: Ouch!! Sounds like a fun but frustrating couple of sessions though. A nice fresh feed as well.

Poor ol' jimmybob :pinch:Bugger!

pcsolutionman wrote:

yeah mate 4lb line lol, some new rods and reels coming to chase the bigger boys :):):)

2500 Sol loaded with 15lb on a custom IMX

3500 Certate loaded with 20-25lb on a 10-17lb GLX

should be sweet

Lee

I like the sound of that Lee B)

Al

Sounds good Lee - once I get finances sorted I think I'll line up for some new rods :) I'm thinking:

1. Fill up my 2nd spool on the 2500 Stradic with some heavier line, whatever is max for that rod - 12lbs?

2. a similar rod to your 20-25lbs stick :)

3. a new rod for my Tiagra 80 :)

But seirously lee, cmon mate - you've landed big toga on 4lbs... don't stop now:P

Archived