Three PB's @ NPD - June 11th

Plastic Fantastic

Hey all,

Hugh and I decided to out to North Pine Dam again yesterday (Wednesday), arrived around 8.30am.

Very slow in the morn with only a few small bass caught in the first hour or so until I finally got a decent hit and a blistering run :woohoo: After a nice little tussle, a 50cm FL bass is landed, boosting my PB from my previous 48cm FL bass, I finally joined the 50cm club! :cheer:

After the big fella, the bank we were fishing produced no more so a change of scenery was the go. Next bank we fished produced a few small bass for me but none for Hugh - he was starting to get disheartened. All morning he had been wanting to get a nice golden perch around the 50cm mark and just as he wa about to give up for the day BAM! a nice long run and large thumps felt through his rod comfirmed suspicions of a nice golden perch, on the brag mat he measured exactly 50cm, a definate PB! Hugh's enthusiasm for the day suddenly improved dramatically lol :laugh:

It turned out that this bank was a go-er, with easily 30 bass between us landed in reasonaly shallow grass infested water (around 2 meters?). It was awesome fun with light spin gear muscling these just legal scrapers outta the grass however a few got the better of us :blush:

Left for a quick lunch at maccas (starving!) then headed back to the bank for another couple of smallish bass and a nice 45cm yella for me :)

Spent the last hour of daylight at another location; Hugh's first 5 or so casts got solid thumps as he slow rolled his lure past the same snag, I tried the same and BAM! A nice long run and a couple of hairy moments and up comes a stonker of a yellowbelly! Measured 53cm and had a head on him like a bull mastiff! It was amazing to see that with only 3cm difference between my fish and Hugh's 50cm model caught earlier, the sheer weight and body mass difference between the two was extremely noticable! And again, another PB for me :lol:

Finished the day off with a couple more little bass between us then left fro home around 5.30pm, all in all a great days fishing, think I might have to invest in a nice light baicaster since I've caught the freshwater bug! :laugh:

My 50cm FL Bass

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/50cm_Australian_Bass__Beetlespin__Atomic_3_____Paddletail__North_Pine_Dam_AFO.jpg

post-1541-144598461265_thumb.jpg

username_taken wrote:

I think your mate served me at BCF ipswich today. I got a few lipless cranks and said I was planning to lose them to grass at NPD and he told me almost the exact story as above. well done mate!

lol :laugh: i remember you know! any luck at all at NPD?

O, and Dinodadog...lets just say you have fished in the exact same spots as us! Surely you must recognise some of the photos landmarks!? Nobody can say anythin' against me and Tom because I know and read of lotsa articles with "Spot X's"...

To the the new bass fishos - all you need to do is go to Bullockys Rest and explore for yourself, because half the fun of fishing is the unexpected and the process of learning new and better tactics and exploring new areas! (Hint: Don't use hardbodies if you want your bank account to stay healthy - wasta money! - go soft and add something that shines (Hint, Hint :P ), I let you decipher this, it'll make it more interesting that way :laugh:

Archived