Sunken wall 20-6-08

Mack_attack

Me and mozza arrived at the pinkenba boat ramp at 8:30 this morning and headed up to the cement co building where after only a few casts a worker came down and basically told us to piss off.:angry: We couldn't be bothered trying to reason with him so we decided to leave and head back in the other direction. We found a patch of sand in between some rocks and second cast i managed a 43cm Flathead on a 3" powerbait minnow and a 1/16th 1/0 jighead. While i landed the fish Fraser was mucking around by jecking his rod up pretending that he had a fish on aswell but in doing this he scared a 35cm bream that was following his lure.:ohmy: :laugh:

Not much happened for a while besides me dropping a bream in the mid 30's:angry: so we decided to head back to the boat ramp where we discovered a deep little hole. My first cast with a jackall chubby got hit by another flathead this time around 45cm. :) Fraser took the pic and then had a cast. While i released the flattie and he shouted out that he got a hit,:huh: then that it felt like weed:blink: and then the fish woke up and took off:blink: :woohoo:. The fish screamed off on fraser's 20lb cod gear and put up a great fight. Fraser intially thought it was a good cod but a huge flattie came to the surface.

The fish measured 62cm a PB by far for him for both bait and artificials and shot off like a rocket back into the depths after the photo.:) It was a pretty good morning before we had to leave as we've both got work this arvo.

All the fish were released;)

Pics to come [img size=374]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/PICT0003_AFO.jpg

post-360-144598462302_thumb.jpg

I gave it a go there this morning also and in the first hour I changed from SP's to bait as the 4" minnows were being mutilated by bream about the same size.

As soon as the pillies went out I was catching sub 30cm tailor one after the other. OK, try prawns and only managed 1 squire. Then i moved over to Colmslie....but I will start a new thread for that. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/squire-4f6b16184cefd2a061642a72e5dce064.jpg

post-1039-144598462322_thumb.jpg

hey

ill be honest, im new to this brisbane river fishing, ive been trying under the gateway lately with prawns and worms. not having much luck except small bream. ive been fishing an hour before and after high tide in the evenings.

last sunday a mate and i went to pinkenba boat ramp, on a mission to find this sunken wall, we trekked past the cement place and kept going till we hit a creek. saw what appeared to be a wall just under the surface and decided it was the spot.

but same story a couple mini bream.

what im thinking is that i need to get onto some good lures and give those a crack. problem is im totally ignorant as to what i should be purchasing. if anyone could give me some advice as on what i should be looking to buy that would be great. i promise ill post flix once i finally find some fish.

andy

yeah the guy was a bit of a wanker ... i dont think that cement Co owns the rocks on the river side of the fence so im pretty sure we could have fished there ... i think the guy was just jealous that he had to work and we were able to go fishing HAHA lol

sax wrote:

last sunday a mate and i went to pinkenba boat ramp, on a mission to find this sunken wall, we trekked past the cement place and kept going till we hit a creek. saw what appeared to be a wall just under the surface and decided it was the spot

Did you walk on the road next to cement co? or on the rock wall to the left of the boat ramp (when facing the river) that takes you under the cement co wharf thingo?

If you were on the rock wall, that's the sunken wall. It only goes under, in a few sections, on high tide;)

Archived