Coomera River - New PB's

bretto

Headed out to the coomera river after work and had a short but exciting session.

I headed tho my spot and started fishing. First cast with a TT swichblade and then BANG ZZZZZZZZ lure gone :angry: Must have been a cod.

Tie on a 3 inch gulp minnow and first cast to the same spot and let the lure sink but the line didn't stop :huh: So I locked the reel into gear and a bit off weight and some drag pulling and then up comes a 27.5cm bream. A new PB.

After a few pics and two more casts im on again and 2lb braid is screaming off the reel :lol: and after a exciting battle I saw a small 40cm mulloway surface and that was a surprise and a first for me.

Caught all fish and a new rod (5'6 shakespeare synergy) I got from anaconda for $10 and it handle fish awesome.

27.5cm Bream

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/coomera03.JPG

post-2675-144598462955_thumb.jpg

Nice little jewie you got there good effort on 2lb. I have also had trouble with unstoppable cod on the switchbaldes they just smash them but I have got a 46cm cod on a swichblade with 4lb it was good fun. So what colour switcblade is in the cods mouth.

Dec wrote:

Nice little jewie you got there good effort on 2lb. I have also had trouble with unstoppable cod on the switchbaldes they just smash them but I have got a 46cm cod on a swichblade with 4lb it was good fun. So what colour switcblade is in the cods mouth.

It was a golden boy. First time in the water. It was the only one I had too:(

werewolf wrote:

Rocket75 wrote:
smile man, it's supposed to be fun to catch fish!;)

Rocket

nah he is practising "Blue Steel"

ROFL:laugh:

Concentrating on the camera to much. Had it on the tripod and on timer so getting the focus right is a bit of a pain.

I was happy on the inside.

Looked it up and it is a striped sea pike and they grow to 53cm. Turns out it was a very good capture that I took for granted. I will try to smile next time. It fought really well and jumped several times whilst pulling plenty of drag :)

Archived