NPD 27/6/08 castathon

Rocket75

Beautiful friday afternoon, work done for the week...fishing time!

Bass at NPD were the target again, I was hoping that they were going to be a bit more co-operative today.

I started at about 2.00pm at the first carpartk before Bullocky's and tried all the favourites (slugs, spinner and Gvibes), but didn't get even a touch.

Faulked joined me and tried his luck...same story.

We were waiting for Aaron to join us, and decided to move over to Mcgavins when he arrived. Aaron was badly in need of some fishing time after battling the traffic, so he opted to stay and catch all the fish we missed.

As we parted Aaron mentioned that he had met Mangler in the carpark and that he was fishing just around the point.

Off to Mcgavins, we headed to the far end near the toilet block and hit the walking track.

Sharp left down the hill saw us at the water and heading in opposite directions in search of some action.

I tied on a purple Ausspin and second cast got me a little (approx 30cm) bass. Excited to finally get one, I called out to Faulked that I was on. He was doing battle with the undergrowth and was yet to get a touch.

I worked the surrounding bank and managed another two Bass, biggest approx 45cm. Mangler found his way over and introduced himself (nice to meet you mate!). Mangler headed off and Jase treked back to my area and proceeded to catch his first, only and therefor best bass of the day on a lipless crank.

Darkness was setting in quickly so we made our way back to the cars happy to have got a few, but wishing they were bigger and not so lonely:silly:

No phots taken, all fish released.

Rocket

Well what can I say, Granard rd sucks, Ipswich rd sucks, Lutwyche road sucks and I am not a big fan of Gympie rd on a weekday either. After a mammoth stop start effort, I eventually got to Bullockys and met Matt (Mangler) in the carpark, and caught up with Rod and Jase who weren't having any luck and about to make a move. I ummed and aaghed about going with them but I just could not sit behind the steering wheel anymore.

2nd cast with slug and I catch a small bass, quick photo and sent it to Rod :evil:( don't know if the message worked or not phone is playing up on multimedia messages) and I thought I am in for a show. Well not to be I ended up with 4 from a thousand casts with the biggest around 40 cm all on gold slugs.

Sounds like NPD is getting tougher and tougher. I suppose once the water recedes off the grass it'll be easier to find them because they should all be schooling up?? Seems as though there's some little schools around but they are moving heaps or just going on and off the bite suddenly.

Well, was definitely a bit of a castathon for me to, with no results, still was a fun afternoon, got to meet a couple of AFO members, sorry I didn't get to meet you Faulked, next time mate.

Lost a HB and a spinner to the grass, cast about a thousand times, only for one hit & no hook up! Might have to get a bit more adventurous next time!

Cheers,

Matt

Archived