VMR Ash

ellicat

Hit the rock wall at the mouth on Friday night with benno573.

Launched from Colmslie after castnetting up a swag of herring around 6pm hoping for a meal or two if squire.

Headed down and anchored up. Soon after we both had brought in a pesky 28cm bream each. The bite was pretty constant but the bream got smaller. Eventually a couple of good bites tricked us into believing the bream were getting bigger, but alas it was just some low 20cm pinkies.

Ash and Ausboy showed up and said g'day and parked nearby. We continued to get pestered by little breambos for a while.

Benno who started work at 6:30am Friday was having a sook about getting tired, so we upped anchor and said our hoorays to Ash and George.

Just near where the Tangalooma Flyer lives the Force stopped and didn't want to start. Eventually discovered a bit of the insulation/sound proofing crap under the cowl had broken off and clogged the air intake. Pulled it out but she still wouldn't start, so benno called VMR Ash while I cursed. Being a man of impeccable character, Ash gladly cut his mouth session short and agreed to come up and tow us back to the ramp.

Whilst awaiting rescue we attracted the attention of some helpful Water Police who were in a jolly mood. They suggested if we had to we could row to shore and cuddle up to each other to keep warm, before continuing on their merry way down the river.:S

Ash turned up and towed us half way back when I gave the Force one more go in that soul destroying 6knot zone. She started up, so took her for a "blat" to burn out some of the crap from the system. Not sure about benno, but I finally hit the sack at 4am Saturday.

When I awoke I was on the blower to Coorparoo Marine who saw me right to be on the bay on the Sunday.......but that's another story.

28cm Breambo [img size=291]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/breambo270608.JPG

post-564-144598463586_thumb.jpg

Sorry it's late - been a bit busy:blush:

I'm working on the Sunday Bay story...just collating the pics from 2 phones and a video camera:blink:

Coorparoo Marine wasn't going to be a separate story because I thought it would be a bit boring, but they were great as usual, so here's that tale.

They close at 12 on Saturdays. I rang the mechanic, James, at about 11:20 am Saturday before I'd had my first coffee and smoke and mumbled away about what had happened. James gave me his mobile number and said to change the plugs and go for a test run on the river and report back etc. 5 minutes later Mike (the owner) rang and said not to worry about doing that, but bring it down and they'd check and clean the carby and change the plugs. They were even going to slip an auxillary motor on just in case.

So by the time I got my weary butt into gear I turned up about 12:30 and James pulled off the carby, changed the plugs, made sure all was sweet, then sent me off for a test run with a spare set of new plugs and a spanner (after he'd thrown in a new battery).

It's very comforting to have this kind of service when you know little else but how to count beans;) Even more comforting than knowing Terry is on tow standby LOL:P

I'm sure this is the end of the curse :pinch: :unsure:

The Force has turned to the Dark Side:blink:

[img size=379]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/palpatineevil_AFO.jpg

Mate I'm both happy and sorry it happend:P

Sorry the the force turned too the Dark Side....

But Happy it wasn't me stuck out there rowing home;) :laugh:

The friggen cops ay? I bet if you had a joint in the boat they would have towed you back in so they could book ya:laugh: :laugh:

Wonna try the Force out tomorrow night?:huh:;)

Top effort by ASH aka Luke Skywalker:woohoo:

Jayson

post-1458-144598463598_thumb.jpg

thats awesome service from cooparoo marine, i spoke with these guys at the boat show, was speaking to one of the mechanics really top blokes comitted to doing great work and upholding there name as real professionals in the game. when you find mechanics that take there work personally and feel its there name on display not just the business youre onto a good thing.

glad everyone saw fit to blame me straight away. :P bloody cops just left us there, about 50m away from a moored freight ship, not good. glad it is up and running again brian, i am staying away from savage boats for good now! also - 200mL of oil in 10L of fuel is good mate.;)

Archived