Vale "Awoonga Red Claw"

Feral

Well tears all round tonight at my place.

The Red Claw Alex brought home from Awoonga in November 2006 died today. Brian caught her, but generously let Alex have her as a pet.

She moulted about a week ago, and has struggled ever since. I think it just took to much out of her.

Here is a pic of her the day we brought her home from Awoonga

redclawsmall.jpg

Here is a pic after her first moult.

redclaw2small.jpg

Alex is pretty upset, he doted on her.

yer m8,

i kno how it can feel...

i maganed to catch amonster shrimp in the kerodn brok (round 15cm)

put him in the tank but he wasnt comfortable so i put him in the pond- brillinat!

ahit, the trutle loves seafood...

felt terrible for over a week...

then went to pet super store and bought me a feeder craw, which happened to be a baby redclaw (tiny when i bought him for 80 cents (like 5 cm) now hes/she (its name is victor espite the ambiutity of his gender)

now it is round 20cm long and has an amazing ability to out liv emy pet catfish (whiche it played a part in its demise) and has ecapsed numerous times form the tanke by climbing the filter and has been found dryed up in the lounge room- amazingly resilitant as it still lived after that!

then cater a freak accident (or it got relle hungry) lost 4 of his legs....

after sum freak regernation it wa sback to normal...

and is stil alive today!

sorry for the hijack,

and sorry for your loss,

a pet is a pet...

Condolences for Alex.

I have talked my boys a round to having a couple of them rather than the native fish they were pushing for.

I used to have a few when I was into aquariums big time and like wiseguys mine were master escape artists. 5ft drop onto concrete and being covered in spider webs and drying out for a few days till I discovered them only slowed them for a while. :laugh: Tough critters perfectly suited to my kids.

Archived