2008 Winter Camp - Results/Report

Angus

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rayke1938 wrote:

reelchippy wrote:
Hi guys what were the cabins like facilities where they powered any pic.sounds like a good place for family stay.cheers

Cabin we were in had 8 bunks in it. Beds were comfortable. Had storage area for clothes and 240 volt lighting . i didnt look for power points.

Had to walk to shower and toilet block.

Camp kitchen has good facilities with fridges,freezers plenty of crockery etc, adjacent dining room has tv and electric heaters. It also has a large wood heater but they charge you for wood.

Cheers

Ray

Thanks ray

I can only echo the sentiments already expressed by the other attendees. It was a great weekend and a success (especially for a first time event). Fishing, great company, a warm fire, plenty of food and a TV to watch the footy...what more do you need?

It would be remiss of me (especially!:blush: ) not to give Anaconda a big personal thank you for their generous donation of prizes and show bags. Drop in and say "Hi" to Funfisher and Nastymind if you are on the Southside, they'll take care of you.

The winners got some quality tackle and I will certainly be putting my new gear to good use.

If the fish that featured in the Bozo plastics are any indication of their quality, I'll be adding them to my arsenal for sure. As a pleasant side effect they will also keep those pesky Vampires away (...mmm garlic:P )

Shultzy's presentation was a great help with loads of info. Thanks Neil, it was just what we needed to fire our enthusiasm for the next mornings lure fishing.

Despite what you may have read, I did not sit out the final session confident that my lead from the first day was safe. Let’s just say something that I ate was afraid of the dark and made a surprise re-appearance early Sunday morning.

This put paid to my hopes of an upgrade, but fortunately for me, it was tuff going on Sunday, especially with shrimp in short supply. Steve has confirmed more shrimp will be made available for next years comp, so make a booking on the calendar and join the fun.

To all the organizers and sponsors, your work is much appreciated, well done.

Thanks also to Aaron, my skipper for the weekend. All those Maroon sessions paid off, good work.

Rocket

So its all up to me to complain! The whole camp was far too short, I was ready for a full month just when we had to pack up! :ohmy:

Second complaint - my lovely lady (Tacklebox) must stop beating me in front of the boys - 9 FISH on day 1 - is just far too many, especially when all I could manage was 2 seriously small fish (as was evident by my award; won for being the smallest recorded fish:blush: ).

Gus you should take advantage of all this positivity - why not another camp next weekend!:woohoo: :woohoo: I know I'd be up for it.

Tacklebox and I were both fresh water virgins and canoe fishing virgins; we are now hooked, although I think I would prefer a kayak.

Many thanks to everyone that made it such a great weekend, Gus and Steve are champions as are the folk from Anaconda Logan and Bozos. What Schultzy doesn't know about Bass isn't worth knowing. Thanks to all my fellow campers a finer group you couldn't find. I am also grateful that the photos of me ass-up on night one haven't made it online - I was obviously not piss-fit and peaked too early:blush: .

I'm not posting any photos, obviously I'll leave that to Tacklebox. Oh and Tanya, I've already picked out my skirt - count me in for the Womens fishing camp.:laugh:

Kreel pretty much covered it so I'll fill just in the details. This was our first time fishing in fresh water and it was an awesome intro to bass fishing. The Sports Tuition canoes were great for their stealth factor and really zoomed along with the electric motor on the back.

My first bass ever came in at 33cm :woohoo: and the next 4 followed pretty quickly! I caught 9 for the day (5 were 30cm or over, biggest at 37cm) but what Kreel failed to mention was that I got a big donut on the second day :blush:

Big thanks to Angus and Steve for organising the event, and again to the sponsors for getting on board. Cheers to everyone who came along too, especially those who were happy to share their tips with us newbies.

Aaron H wrote:

As you can see from this pic, the yella had a damaged tail.

I noticed in one of Ray's pics that one of his bass also had some damage evident. Have not really come accross this before, any guesses as to the cause? Did anyone else catch a "damaged" bass on the camp?

Rocket

kreel wrote:

I am also grateful that the photos of me ass-up on night one haven't made it online - I was obviously not piss-fit and peaked too early:blush:

sorry baden butr that situation will be rectified as soon as i find my missing data cable;)

Rocket75 wrote:

Aaron H wrote:

As you can see from this pic, the yella had a damaged tail.

I noticed in one of Ray's pics that one of his bass also had some damage evident. Have not really come accross this before, any guesses as to the cause? Did anyone else catch a "damaged" bass on the camp?

Rocket

MRC or Cobia.:laugh: :laugh:

Cheers

Ray

jeff f wrote:

kreel wrote:
I am also grateful that the photos of me ass-up on night one haven't made it online - I was obviously not piss-fit and peaked too early:blush:

sorry baden butr that situation will be rectified as soon as i find my missing data cable;)

jeff they are about $10 from the local electrical store... i want to see that photo!!! :laugh:

The weekend was awsome and I had a great time with great company!! This has been my second winter camp and deffinetly will not be my last. A big thanks to Angus and steve for making this trip so enjoyable. Just hopefully next year i will catch some bigger fish lol.

cheers Tristan

• 2 years later...
So its all up to me to complain! The whole camp was far too short, I was ready for a full month just when we had to pack up! :ohmy:

Second complaint - my lovely lady (Tacklebox) must stop beating me in front of the boys - 9 FISH on day 1 - is just far too many, especially when all I could manage was 2 seriously small fish (as was evident by my award; won for being the smallest recorded fish:blush: ).

Gus you should take advantage of all this positivity - why not another camp next weekend!:woohoo: :woohoo: I know I'd be up for it.

Tacklebox and I were both fresh water virgins and canoe fishing virgins; we are now hooked, although I think I would prefer a kayak.

Many thanks to everyone that made it such a great weekend, Gus and Steve are champions as are the folk from Anaconda Logan and Bozos. What Schultzy doesn't know about Bass isn't worth knowing. Thanks to all my fellow campers a finer group you couldn't find. I am also grateful that the photos of me ass-up on night one haven't made it online - I was obviously not piss-fit and peaked too early:blush: .

I'm not posting any photos, obviously I'll leave that to Tacklebox. Oh and Tanya, I've already picked out my skirt - count me in for the Womens fishing camp.:laugh:

Bump had to include this quote just for Lisbeth and Baden he was winging even back then.

Cheers

Ray

yeah, but about the Womens' Fishing Camp thing - can I go?

Why do you wanna go to the womens fishing camp? I thought you would've been getting sick of being outfished by tacklebox by now.

OMG Owned :)

Yeah but you gotta love being done over by a large group of women! ;)

• 4 months later...

Archived