Bozos Big Bass

SchultzyT

Dad and I are both suffering from the flu at the moment but we doped ourselves up on handfuls of psuedoephedrine and hit the local bass lake for a couple of hours in the middle of the day when it was nice and warm.

Dad was having a play around with some Bozos soft plastics whenever he saw fish on the sounder. Yes he did catch some very nice bass. :(

Check this one.....2.7kg on a Bozos Mullet. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/AFO_2.jpg

We ended up with 8 bass for the few hours we were on the water.

Five of them went 50cm or better!:woohoo:

Got a few on Bozos and the rest on trolled Boomerangs bar two.

Dad (again:blush: ) picked up a couple of howlers on a Predatek Spoonbill that we usually use for barramundi.

Here's my best for the outing. 52cm on a black Boomerang. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/AFO_52cm.jpg

post-1800-144598464728_thumb.jpg

pinkey wrote:

Woah. great fish. How long was that 3.1kg beast?

Pinkey that big fish was only 55cm long. However is was so fat it looked like it had swallowed a rockmelon. Even through the shoulders it was much thicker than the average Wivenhoe bass. We should have taken a photo of it gut-on to show haw fat it was.

My best fish today was only 3cm shorter but 600gm lighter.

pcsolutionman wrote:

You boys seem to be having a heap of fun on those Hobies

Lee

Yeah,

Dad mentioned onthe drive home that he has only had his boat on the water for a couple of hours (at Glenlyon) since picking up that first Hobie.

They are just so practical for elec only dams. No worries about flat batteries no matter how far you feel like going!

tacklebox wrote:

well done! were the bozos the pre-rigged kind?

Hi There,

Yes both of the bozos I used today are pre-rigged. One (the pink one) is a 75mm Mullet in the colour Galah, the other is a 75mm Smelt in Brown/Gold.

I have been using some of the unrigged 75mm Mullet too. I rig them by snipping off the head of the plastic then threading it onto either a 7gm or 14gm Bozos head, depending on the water depth I'm fishing.

They are also absolutely deadly on flathead in the salt.

Rocket75 wrote:

Pity it's a two hour drive out there for me:( , it looks like such a great fishery.

Rocket

Rocket, I don't think there are too many bass in Wivenhoe that would better what is available in North Pine.

(or Boondooma, BP, Somerset, Gordonbrook, Macdonald, Moogerah, etc)

It is common for anglers to fish Wivenhoe and only get one bass for the day. (or none:S )

It does occasionally turn on a great session though :woohoo:

As do other lakes. :cheer:

Thanks Neil,

I think maybe Big W has more big fish?? but that's just going from the reports I've read and my one trip out there?:blush:

I've only fished Borumba once(donut), but for me

it's still 2 hours away:(

NPD would be a cracking dam (and soooo close for me) if we could just get a tinny on it! I'd be there like a shot:woohoo: , unfortunatly the drive to BigW or Somerset is the option for big fellas from the boat...landbased is bloody tuff work at NPD with all that grass:( .

Rod,

Take a look out the window and tell me why you and I are sitting in front of computer screens instead of on the water?????????

Ah, the missus has just arrived home with the tow vehicle, I think I'll put the Hobie on the water and see if I can find a bass or better still, a golden. :)

Schultzy wrote:

Rocket, I don't think there are too many bass in Wivenhoe that would better what is available in North Pine.

(or Boondooma, BP, Somerset, Gordonbrook, Macdonald, Moogerah, etc)

Rocket, maybe Schultzy is suggesting that it has more to do with the skill of the fisherman :dry:

tacklebox wrote:

Rocket, maybe Schultzy is suggesting that it has more to do with the skill of the fisherman :dry:

Not at all.:(

Just saying that Rod should not lament Wivenhoe being too far away and look at some of the lakes closer to home. North Pine is home to some snodger bass.

Schultzy wrote:

tacklebox wrote:

Not at all.:(

Just saying that Rod should not lament Wivenhoe being too far away and look at some of the lakes closer to home. North Pine is home to some snodger bass.

:P :P :P Thanks Neil, tacklebox was just having a go at me (and my lack of skill). Now that she has her first couple of bass under her belt she's getting a bit cocky;) :silly:

You are right about the NPD fish, there are some "submarines" in there for sure, just getting to them is the problem :angry:

Archived