Tally Creek

Leeroy

rayke1938 wrote:

Dont forget its still closed season for bass outside the stocked impoundments.

Cheers

Ray

That is something that is still falling on deaf ears...I was in a tackle store yesterday (large multichain franchise) and was talking to two guys who work there.

Turns out they were both Bass fishing last week in the local river...I mentioned the closed season and they knew nothing about it.

Its a sad world when tackle store employees dont know the regulations.

Leigh.

loomis wrote:

rayke1938 wrote:
Dont forget its still closed season for bass outside the stocked impoundments.

Cheers

Ray

That is something that is still falling on deaf ears...I was in a tackle store yesterday (large multichain franchise) and was talking to two guys who work there.

Turns out they were both Bass fishing last week in the local river...I mentioned the closed season and they knew nothing about it.

Its a sad world when tackle store employees dont know the regulations.

Leigh.

thats a very good point - but as someone who was once an avid collector of fishing mags and literature, and has since stopped, where does one now come across this info of closed seasons and changing legislation?

unless you are a net junkie with time to burn and searches to be had it could be difficult. do they send info out in pamphlets?

i'm an ex gold coaster who has done the very same thing, and rays comment was the first i've heard of that closed-season as well, so i kinda feel bad now.

this may not be the right thread for this topic tho

Archived