Glenlyon Dam vacancy 26/9 till 28/9

rayke1938

feral has booked a cabin at Glen Lyon from 26/9 till 3/10 but wont be arriving till Sunday or monday. I will be there from Friday onwards to do a prefish and set shrimp traps etc.So if anyone wants to come up for the weekend there are 3 bunk beds available or one double and 2 bunks.

We were there there same time last year and did ok with the yellas and Alex scored a cod.

If 3 people come will work out at aprox $15 per day.

Cheers

Ray

• 1 month later...

rayke1938 wrote:

Terry looking forward to being towed around the dam by a big cod?

Brian Dare said that they counted 40 of them cruising the dam wall one day this week.

Cheers

Ray

Just like those barra did :dry: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

:laugh:

I doubt I'll be towed around to any great deal, but I'll be fishign BIG lures with heavy line. maybe 20lbs mainline, 80lbs leader... Just one idea,

and a r2s baby crank on 4lbs... because you never know!:laugh: :laugh:

did the trev pull me? :S Dont really remember that If it did, it was no more than 5-10 metres lol, which could be put down to drifting with the wind:P

The barra just stopped us from drifting with the wind I think Kriso:P Typical blowing its arse off awoonga, the kayak trips get a bit WET - yes, gets pretty choppy up there with a 20knot wind.

Good luck to everyone going to Glenlyon at end of September! Hope to see some nice cod & yella's landed! Wish I could make it out there, matter of fact I'll only be half an hr away from Glenlyon that weekend, but at a wedding instead... Maybe can convince the groom that a wedding morning fish would be good!

Cheers,

Matt

I am pretty keen on this. I'll have a look at my schedule when I get back to work tomorrow but it should be OK.

So who's going and what boats? Feral are you taking the bullet and Alex's boat? Ray it sounds like you got a new tinny? Is Graham going (I still have an empty bottle to give him back).

I'm thinking to take the cruise craft and a yak but only if needed. No point having more boats then people! I am also thinking of pitching a tent to cover a couple of extra nights, hoping you guys will let me hang out and use your facilities so I don't have to pack the kitchen.

If I get there Friday and Feral doesn't arrive till Sunday that gives me 2 days to get the tent up, after the Lenthals effort I'll need every minute of that. And NO I will not put the tent up before I go fishing.

For those who don't know or remember, last time I went with these guys to Lenthals I went fishing before putting up the tent, then it rained for 3 days and I had to sleep in the car. When I finally got around to erecting the tent I had a grand audience with tinnies in hand and deck chairs clapping and laughing. (yeah yeah ha ha) All Graham could say was "that'll teach you for not setting up before fishing". Well news flash Graham - it didn't and what sort of die hard fisho bothers about sleeping arrangments when there is fishing to be done!

Still thinking about whether I am taking my Boat Brian,

Ray will have his boat there already, and no deckies, so I might leave mine at home. Do him good to be in a boat for 5 days with the boys! If I do take my boat, I probably wont take Alex's boat, He would only use it for half the first day then want me to tow it everywhere!

Be no probs using the facilities Brian.

I've already booked an extra fridge for the week - Ray wanted a freezer, but they were all booked out!. It wont have anything in it but Yella's in the freezer.

Sounds like its building!

Ray is not back until the monday before we go (he is in New Zealand) so those going for the weekend will have to wait until then to set up meeting etc etc.

There should be no probs with anyone pitching a tent, their camping area is about 60 acres, powered sites not all that far from the cabins. (A bit further unpowered)

Feral wrote:

Still thinking about whether I am taking my Boat Brian,

Ray will have his boat there already, and no deckies, so I might leave mine at home. Do him good to be in a boat for 5 days with the boys! ]

boys will be no problem but may be problem for anyone who comes near i have just brought an illegal in aust hi powered slingshot and dismantled it to bring back . gun laws lax over here copper was just killed with an gas operated air rifle the other day. you do not need a license to buy them here.

Archived