FOTM General Chat August - Tailor

Angus

Keechie wrote:

i was reading a report from the noosa river mouth, one was caught and released that measured 76cm, there is a photo if i can i might put it on here this arvo so you guys can have a look.

Heck yeah that would be a horse tailor.

I remember years ago an old bloke showing me once a piccy of a horse tailor he got off Fingal Beach. It would have to have been at least as big as the one mentioned above, if not more. One shot showed it in his beach fishing bag (typical shoulder job), and nearly half the fish was poking out still!:woohoo:

How big do tailor actually get?:blink:

Was watching Bris 31 on Monday night, a show called Adventure Bound...they were fishing for Tailor (not sure where?).

This is their website: http://www.adventurebound.com.au/...great show, check it out next Mon 8.00pm.

They caught some huge ones on poppers and slugs in what looked like an estuary mouth. The fish caught would have been at least 75cm, likely bigger.

As far as local ones go, it will be interrsting to see how big we can manage this month.

I'm keen to give it a crack:cheer:

Better get out my lucky slug and try get a good tailor. Its got scratches all over it and has caught about 30 tailor and 1 salmon. Just where to go dont know many spots around Brisbane that produce big tailor. Rocket75 I also saw that they caught some massive tailor. It is also on Saterday 8:30pm I started to watch it a few months back.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived